IGNORED

Kraftwerk - 3D Catalogue (May 27th)

fumi

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why??

Well, I haven't seen the Amazon reviews but it's certainly questionable money, especially the CDs. Some of them run only 20-30 mins.

I was also wondering about the "short" tracklisting, like the reworked Computer World only spanning across 4 tracks because of the reworking, but the original albums also were kinda short weren't they?

They did it this way to keep the integrity of the original albums, I imagine.

why??

Well, I haven't seen the Amazon reviews but it's certainly questionable money, especially the CDs. Some of them run only 20-30 mins.

I was also wondering about the "short" tracklisting, like the reworked Computer World only spanning across 4 tracks because of the reworking, but the original albums also were kinda short weren't they?

They did it this way to keep the integrity of the original albums, I imagine.

For sure. I'm pretty sure people would have been bragging even more about the boxset if they mashed multiples albums to fit on less LPs!

The only flaw in this release imho is The Mix being a bit too similar to the other reworked albums. Of course it's due to the fact that these are based on their live stuff, and the Surround mixing is a good compromise but I think it would have been OK to have a cheaper boxset without The Mix.

TL;DR : the boxset is incredible

yeah, it's a great box set but I think they need to put this repackaging thing behind them now (they've milked this for all it's worth) and either concentrate on new material (unlikely) or look at releasing other archive material.

Overall, I like the new interpretations  but I still think the Minimum-Maximum album is the definitive live experience.

Overall, I like the new interpretations  but I still think the Minimum-Maximum album is the definitive live experience.

Yeah, minimum-maximum is the better release. Hardly any changes to their sound in almost 15 years. Oh well

I love this in the sense that its like a soundboard of the live show, and it's pretty much the full albums, and the vinyl set is super desirable obv

But Numbers falls flat here..it totally bangs on Minimum Maximum, so thats a bummer

The more I listen to this collection the more overwhelmed I feel by it; while some parts of it are fantastic it's very quantity over quality. Maybe I should just take it in short bursts.

• 2 weeks later...

this is great. really good. the definitive modern kraftwerk. But of course I love every era. Slightly weird about the concert vs film blurays as they are *basically* the same thing. not totally sure it was necessary if the concert version cuts away from the four operators every 15 or so seconds and then puts the film on fullscreen. haven't watched it all the way through but thats the sense i get. 

• 2 weeks later...

still bummed that this isn't included because it's actually one of my fav kw tracks. and i know planet of visions is on there but they're completely different save one melodic line. 

MAN NATURE TECHNOLOGY

MENSCH NATUR TECHNIK

• 2 weeks later...

heard these old as fuck songs so much but i love the new jacket they put it in, it sounds totally dope!

they fucked up tour the france tough but i forgive them for that amazing new radioactivity version

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

its so good. 

im seeing them here in helsinki in feb in the alvar aalto hall. i will be in tears before i even enter the building. then two days later im taking the boat to tallinn and will see them there and then probably hit up an estonian strip club after

• 1 month later...

Archived