IGNORED

Elektron Octatrack MKII

Oh hey Sweepstakes, I completely missed the thing you posted earlier about PMing you.  I don't use any external controllers with it right now but I'm interested in your ideas, I'll be in touch tomorrow.

Oh hey Sweepstakes, I completely missed the thing you posted earlier about PMing you. I don't use any external controllers with it right now but I'm interested in your ideas, I'll be in touch tomorrow.

Awesome, I'm going to be on the road for a few days but I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Oh hey Sweepstakes, I completely missed the thing you posted earlier about PMing you. I don't use any external controllers with it right now but I'm interested in your ideas, I'll be in touch tomorrow.

Awesome, I'm going to be on the road for a few days but I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

No worries, I won't really have a chance to implement anything for about a month anyway, between some work stuff and moving.  I'll PM you a reminder.

The lack of substantial improvements made me feel okay about my recent purchase of the first gen. The new one looks cool and probably feels great, but they're still mostly the same machine.

I actually prefer the look of the first one so I'm in the minority who is happy to have finally jumped on the OT bandwagon before the update.

Anyhow, I logged in to post this, hadn't thought of it myself or stumbled on a description of it before but apparently people have been using the comb filter to do a different flavor of pseudo K-S synthesis for years.

• 2 months later...

Trig conditions

https://instagram.ftpa1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/t50.2886-16/21904497_130733497568731_6556225641283321856_n.mp4

MKI and MKII OT will get the feature :)  super stoked on that. 

21617992_10155823000171518_4825005977256

Edited by ignatius

No, they're track mutes, so the entire sample and effect tails are cut off. I'd love something that just prevents the sequencer from triggering, maybe not even sending a note off. Perhaps something like this could be set as a global, pattern or even track behaviour in project/pattern/track edit menu.

True, but at the very least, I would love delay and reverb tails to be kept!

Volume lol

I thought so too but Volume can be p-locked and switching patterns when track is 'muted' with Volume can lead to unpleasant surprises sometimes because of that