Sign in to follow this  
The Magic Autist

Elektron Octatrack MKII

Oh hey Sweepstakes, I completely missed the thing you posted earlier about PMing you.  I don't use any external controllers with it right now but I'm interested in your ideas, I'll be in touch tomorrow.

Oh hey Sweepstakes, I completely missed the thing you posted earlier about PMing you. I don't use any external controllers with it right now but I'm interested in your ideas, I'll be in touch tomorrow.

Awesome, I'm going to be on the road for a few days but I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Oh hey Sweepstakes, I completely missed the thing you posted earlier about PMing you. I don't use any external controllers with it right now but I'm interested in your ideas, I'll be in touch tomorrow.

Awesome, I'm going to be on the road for a few days but I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

No worries, I won't really have a chance to implement anything for about a month anyway, between some work stuff and moving.  I'll PM you a reminder.

The lack of substantial improvements made me feel okay about my recent purchase of the first gen. The new one looks cool and probably feels great, but they're still mostly the same machine.

are the new buttons on octa2 velocity sensitive?

I actually prefer the look of the first one so I'm in the minority who is happy to have finally jumped on the OT bandwagon before the update.

Anyhow, I logged in to post this, hadn't thought of it myself or stumbled on a description of it before but apparently people have been using the comb filter to do a different flavor of pseudo K-S synthesis for years.

are the new buttons on octa2 velocity sensitive?

No

Well, thats fucking awesome! I was not expecting MKI to get it. Bravo, Elektron!

Guest Chesney

Oh wow, I have been thinking about the octa for the past few days.

So happy I picked mine up on the cheap as everyone dumped their MKI stock  :w00t:

So sad I finally got the money together and bought one at full price like a month and a half before B&H was blowing them out for $800 brand new.

Oh that's awesome.

I really hope they fix the issue with triggering slices via MIDI now.

My fingers are crossed for finally fixing the bug with pickup machines  where they'll click at the loop point even when they've got nothing but digital black in the buffer.

My fingers are crossed for pre-effect mutes

Volume

Aren't the mutes sequencer mutes?

No, they're track mutes, so the entire sample and effect tails are cut off. I'd love something that just prevents the sequencer from triggering, maybe not even sending a note off. Perhaps something like this could be set as a global, pattern or even track behaviour in project/pattern/track edit menu.

Makes sense, since you can play loooong sanples. On all the other machines (except the 'takt?) mute works on the sequencer.

True, but at the very least, I would love delay and reverb tails to be kept!

Volume lol

Yeah but you can't reduce the volume of 3 channels at once, for example.

Volume lol

I thought so too but Volume can be p-locked and switching patterns when track is 'muted' with Volume can lead to unpleasant surprises sometimes because of that