IGNORED

Dunkirk

fumi

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aye.

seen that 7-minute dogfight scene before the last Star Wars movie in IMAX and it was really, really intense. Haven't seen anything like it.

the Star Wars afterwards looked/felt pretty lame in comparison..

tbh, the other trailers kind of give an impression of a sort of meh patriotic war melodrama, hope the film is not like that..

Going to see this at midnight. Shit better be good.

Its really something. Only play like 1.30 when you cut the credits. But those 1.30-40 is one hell of a good movie.  70mm is ok but if got a change to see imax do that !

It looks great. It treats the audience like it's mentally retarded, but that's expected from Nolan at this point. Lays it all on you thick, as only Nolan knows. It's about as deep as a puddle. For a movie that was being touted as "almost silent", there's a whole lot of expositive dialogue. And I'm pretty sure there's not a whole minute that goes on without music, in case you forgot how you're supposed to feel at any given moment. I was entertained though, but yeah. It's just 90 minutes that go fast.

I'm only interested in what fumi thinks, but he's keeping us hanging, what's up man, you suffering from shellshock or ptsd or summin'?

I enjoyed it but I wasn't blown away (sorry poor word choice). I sort of got sucked into the hype. It was good but it was also sort of soulless. The cinematography and stuff was amazing and the music and sound design went a long way to creating tension but I came away not really bothered if I ever see it again. I dunno. You should definitely check it out if you like Nolan or war films in general.

aye that sounds quite annoying. Liked how in that IMAX preview there was no orchestral shit, just that clock ticking basically.

It's opening here this weekend, will still watch in IMAX, tho with lowered expectations.

It's really really good, better than anything he's done for years, probably his best film by far tbh. And I went in ready to not like it.

I'm not expecting to see anything of this calibre again this year.

It cant be better then Inception or Interstellar (also because of the story) , i´m huge into cinema but these two have special place in my heart.

I'm only interested in what fumi thinks, but he's keeping us hanging, what's up man, you suffering from shellshock or ptsd or summin'?

I enjoyed it but I wasn't blown away (sorry poor word choice). I sort of got sucked into the hype. It was good but it was also sort of soulless. The cinematography and stuff was amazing and the music and sound design went a long way to creating tension but I came away not really bothered if I ever see it again. I dunno. You should definitely check it out if you like Nolan or war films in general.

Cheers, i'm not into nolan and i don't like modern war films. So that sorts that problem out.

Archived