IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Unreleased Tracks on Norman Recs - real?

Richie Sombrero

I remember Clone had a bunch of these in stock, there were even rumors that they were the ones who pressed it, unless I have this confused with another bootleg that is.

But it was fun hearing these tunes deejayed occasionally over the next summer.

basically... is this worth getting?

Sourced from MP3 bootleg on vinyl? Yes absolutely. Totally.

just checking. saw a few people on discogs suggesting it was sourced elsewhere, as the vinyl (apparently) sounds far superior to the MP3s.

At best, it'll be sourced from FLAC rips of the original pressings, with appropriate equalisation to account for deck rumble and pop / click removal.

I personally doubt that level of attention would have been paid to this bootleg though. 

Surprised to see Norman sell it if it’s not a decent pressing at least.

even Bleep were selling the bootleg Akira soundtrack pressings that were doing the rounds a couple of years ago.

a copy of this made its way to one of the local record shops so i picked it up. Overall im ok with the quality but korona does stand out as being pretty dull in the high end. I compared it to the youtube copy (!!!) and its almost like a different mix because the hats are nearly-non-present. sounds more like shakers. weird. the labels are on the wrong side as well. 

a copy of this made its way to one of the local record shops so i picked it up. Overall im ok with the quality but korona does stand out as being pretty dull in the high end. I compared it to the youtube copy (!!!) and its almost like a different mix because the hats are nearly-non-present. sounds more like shakers. weird. the labels are on the wrong side as well. 

definitely an MP3 sourced bootleg then

Archived