IGNORED

Live 10

bendish

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much as expected, an improvement visually, effects and sound wise. They are obviously monitoring what sells, listening to what people are after (increased connectivity with hardware stuff). Doubt I will use it more than I do already but will have a look. 

I like the idea capture thing and midi overlay.

I'm constantly banging on my equipment and failing to press record.

I like the idea capture thing and midi overlay.

I'm constantly banging on my equipment and failing to press record.

Capture will be much used, no doubt.

It's such a shame that they played it so safe, especially after Bitwig 2

They're definitely being cautious. Bitwig to my eyes at least, looks bad. I looked at a bit when BW2 came out and some of it was interesting, but was very much unimpressed. For some users I'm sure it's great, but I couldn't use it as a replacement for Ableton, not for me. Each their own of course.

My hopes are that the further Max integration and improvements will lead to many more unique options going forward. Without that, I'm not sure what's going to happen in their future. I've been watching the Tom Cosm stream this morning and in the Q&A section he states very clearly that he's holding back info on Max changes because there's some "pretty exciting Max things to happen pretty soon" So that's really what I'm curious to hear. 

i hope you can edit multiple audio clips and fades at once...drives me mental....programmed key commands too...

Multiclip editing is possible. Fades are improved (seemingly easier than they were) but as far as I've seen and heard, only one at a time.

I'm way more excited about this than anticipated. Slightly miffed I just bought the multiclip editor thing a few months ago but should've seen  it coming.

Wonder if the "do even more from push" statement goes for 1 as well as 2.

This is probably just me being skint and not understanding that major upgrades cost money but I'm a bit annoyed that it's £183 with 20% off pre-order/£229 normally to upgrade from an existing Live 9 Suite license. I totally realise you get a lot for your money but I remember paying a lot for Suite in the first place and was idealisitcally hoping it'd be a free upgrade. How wrong I was  :sad: To be fair, I'll probably just stick with Live 9. I'm far from exhausting what it can do anyway. I probably don't need the upgrade.

On a more positive note, I really like that you can edit multiple midi clips in parallel, that's really smart.

This is probably just me being skint and not understanding that major upgrades cost money but I'm a bit annoyed that it's £183 with 20% off pre-order/£229 normally to upgrade from an existing Live 9 Suite license. I totally realise you get a lot for your money but I remember paying a lot for Suite in the first place and was idealisitcally hoping it'd be a free upgrade. How wrong I was  :sad: To be fair, I'll probably just stick with Live 9. I'm far from exhausting what it can do anyway. I probably don't need the upgrade.

On a more positive note, I really like that you can edit multiple midi clips in parallel, that's really smart.

Yeah if you're annoyed with the overpriced upgrade costs involved with more popular software like this, then you can either stick with what you've got already, or move to something like Reaper, where the license cost is $60 and lasts you through 2 major version revisions.

I thought the upgrade from 9 was free? This is the upgrade price from Ableton intro no?

Full and upgrade versions of Ableton Live 9 Standard and Suite include a free upgrade to their respective editions of Live 10 – to be issued upon its release. Those purchasing Live 9 Intro with or without Push will receive a new L10 Intro license upon its release.

Maybe not. I'm so confuse.

I thought the upgrade from 9 was free? This is the upgrade price from Ableton intro no?

Full and upgrade versions of Ableton Live 9 Standard and Suite include a free upgrade to their respective editions of Live 10 – to be issued upon its release. Those purchasing Live 9 Intro with or without Push will receive a new L10 Intro license upon its release.

Maybe not. I'm so confuse.

That sounds like what Propellerhead Software do with impending new versions of Reason - pre-announce the new version and say “everyone who buys v9 now, will get free upgrade to 10 when it comes out. If you bought 9 before this announcement, fuck you all lol”

Ableton really bungled the marketing tag...if you purchase 9 now, you get a free upgrade to 10 when it's released. (Essentially you're just buying 10) If you already own 9 before today, however, you've gotta pay for an upgrade. 9 Suite to 10 Suite is (with a 20% discount as a pre-order) showing as $239 USD for me.

If 10 lasts nearly as long as 9, it's not unreasonable imo. They've been running 9 with 9.x free updates for like 4-5 years.

Yeah, I see that I'm getting the same offer as Polytrix when I log into my account.

I'm confused as to what all of you are finding confusing beyond what Ableton has said and what me and osc said. I'm sort of dumb most days lately though so I'm just gonna head on.

I've done little else today except read up and watch videos on Live 10 though so if anyone's got a question and doesn't wanna dig, ask and I'll be glad to answer.

Not seen the video, but read the press release and to be honest it does seem like a pretty decent upgrade, dunno if it's playing it safe; pretty much everything they mentioned was like "oh yeah I'd definitely use that".  Shame I'm finally moving away from ITB  :cry:

Group the groups!  I keep wanting to do that. Cool to see it's been implemented.  The fact you can't fade or stretch multiple clips at once continues to be aggravating.  That feature is so handy in Cubase.

Archived