IGNORED

I will need 2.5 earths to sustain myself in 0 years time

usagi

belated edit: 1.2 earths.

missed some details. still though. that's probably an ok score for some westerner living a wasteful life....

interesting test though. although, i'd love more follow-up. which are the areas with the most potential to improve? i still dont know. did i miss something?

I have no car (practically) and also use public transport mostly, but I put down an average of 100kms/week on my bike because I do long-distance rides on weekends and it sent my CO2 output through the roof somehow. I think that plus meat were the main problems for me.

I have no car (practically) and also use public transport mostly, but I put down an average of 100kms/week on my bike because I do long-distance rides on weekends and it sent my CO2 output through the roof somehow. I think that plus meat were the main problems for me.

don't remember anything about distance travelled by bike. or do you mean motorcycle?

me: no car. and no beef/lamb were probably the most important.

please consider doing long distance running/skating/biking in the weekends

5.7...how the hell? do you travel by plane on a weekly basis?

No, it's about 2-4 times a year, but when I do it's a damn long flight. Also my daily vehicle is terribly inefficient and my commute distance is not insignificant. Would be good (for health as well) to take public transport more but it doubles the commute time.

Just the 1 Earth for me, but the scale does not take into account vinyl & CDs, which no doubt jump the number up to 50 earths. Every 2LP destroys an acre of the Amazon, and one CD causes entire solar systems to implode. No meat, no transport of any kind other than feet, a life of isolation and sighing.

A lot of factors not really brought into this survey, such as music or other items one might buy (how much energy does WATMM's server consume, and how many holes in the ozone layer have we created looking at dank memes?). But it is something to think about, at the very least. Where I live, there are no recycling facilities, and I feel guilty about throwing recyclable trash away.

I wonder how high you make this? Let's see...

U6CYulE.jpg

Welp.

Archived