IGNORED

First look at Jauquin Phoawnics as Joker

T3551ER

The scene in the comedy club where he's taking notes and laughing alone made the film worth watching for me, the fact that you think the film deflates the mystery of a "supervillain" just illustrates that we're looking at this movie from completely different angles. The Joker has never been more interesting imo.

And sure it's pompous and it doesn't fully gel, but if DC dares to go this route instead of sustaining the ridiculous Snyderverse grimdark punching, growling and explosions shit shows, I think DC movies *could* end up interesting, at the very least. They obviously can't compete with the Disneyverse marvel machinery anyway, so why not try to go in a completely different direction for a couple of films. Maybe even hand it off to some good directors? I mean this was from the guy that made the Hangover films ffs.

Dear god, I'm a well grown man discussing comic book movies on an internet forum. I have much shame.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, me too, bro.

I wanted to add something about how he's basically Forrest Gump under that make-up and, more importantly, about Bruce Wayne's parents and changing the canon, but now I can't bring myself to do it ...

This portrait of joker has nothing to do with the joker we know! Nothing! It’d be impossible for him to become ledger’s or nicholson’s joker irl... no logic in that.

Maybe he’s just a different character that happened to influence heath ledger’s joker in the same fictional world? 

16 hours ago, Brisbot said:

It's confirmed Joker 2 is being worked on. I have no clue what it could be about but they're officially working on it.

He devolves back from the kingpin of international supercrime into a lovable childlike simpleton with a mild mental condition, an endearing stutter and a crush on his neighbor. He just won't live with his mother anymore. :dadjoke:

16 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

They're all different universes and such tho yeah so no linearity is required or implied ye @xox

Yeah if they're gonna do it I'd like to see a different take on the character with the same actor. I think that could be interesting, instead of just doing a straightforward sequel with the same guy. I really don't see how they could do another standalone with Arthur as he exists. I feel like that character has already been explored to it's fullest.

Or they can pull what James Cameron did with Alien and add an 's' at the end to make 'Jokers'.

11 minutes ago, Squee said:

boo

36 minutes ago, xox said:

Joker vs Superman is another potentially profitable idea. No?

This time Joker can't deus ex machina by having mothers with the same name.

Archived