BCM

Nah, unilateral revocation of Article 50 imo. May resigns the next day, and Farage comes crawling back out of whatever hole he’s been hiding in.

Extension to April 12th if May's deal doesn't win a third vote next week, which it won't. What's the fucking point in a 2 week extension

Europe’s media saw it only one way: faced with a fast-approaching cliff-edge and chaos, confusion and vacuousness in London, the other members of the EU needed to take over the Brexit process and force the British government to face up to its choices – and they did.

“The dual-deadline mechanism agreed on in Brussels both ensures the British finally recognise Brexit is their responsibility, and obliges them to finally accept the consequences of their decision to seek a divorce,” said France’s Le Monde.

That plan, under which Britain will remain in the EU until 22 May if MPs back Theresa May’s deal but leave on 12 April unless by then it has found an “alternative way”, agreed to hold European elections and asked for a much longer extension, is “as clever as it is complex”, the paper said.

“The imaginative double offer achieves the goal of corralling May, and forcing a decision out of London in a much shorter time than expected, without explicitly interfering in British domestic politics. The weight of the dramatic decision to choose between a long extension or a brutal and chaotic Brexit falls squarely on London.”

Good article in Guardian. Or rather, summary of EU media in Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/22/european-media-praise-eu-clever-plan-to-resolve-brexit-impasse

Edited by goDel

complete chaos. economy comes to a stand still overnight. any im- and exports will stop as the rules and regulations stop being active. this is where the "what goods in supermarkets will stop being available" stories come from. With half empty supermarkets and all that.

complete chaos. economy comes to a stand still overnight. any im- and exports will stop as the rules and regulations stop being active. this is where the "what goods in supermarkets will stop being available" stories come from. With half empty supermarkets and all that.

yeah but apart from that ..... so long as it gets rid of those foreigners and I can go to the pub in peace without 'them lot' ruining everything

One thing I haven't quite grasped is that how Brexit's going to stop the immigration to UK or get rid of the immigrants? Most immigrants are from non-EU countries.

One thing I haven't quite grasped is that how Brexit's going to stop the immigration to UK or get rid of the immigrants? Most immigrants are from non-EU countries.

Shhh, just pretend that isn't a fact ....

Seriously though, the idea was that britain could implement more strict rules for immigrants to enter the country. And wishful thinking implied unwanted immigrants could be sent to the EU.

I believe it was more about eastern european people coming to britain thanks to the EU btw. Instead of people from the middle east. Although, in populist politics anything goes.

Seriously though, the idea was that britain could implement more strict rules for immigrants to enter the country. And wishful thinking implied unwanted immigrants could be sent to the EU.

I believe it was more about eastern european people coming to britain thanks to the EU btw. Instead of people from the middle east. Although, in populist politics anything goes.

After Poland the biggest source of immigrants to UK is India. Then it's Pakistan, Ireland, Romania, Germany, Bangladesh, Italy, South Africa and China. https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/migrants-in-the-uk-an-overview/

I thought in general it was relatively easy for people from Commonwealth countries to move to UK compared to rest of Europe? So that would be the reason why UK has so many immigrants from places like Jamaica, India and Pakistan compared to other European countries?

Nah, unilateral revocation of Article 50 imo. May resigns the next day, and Farage comes crawling back out of whatever hole he’s been hiding in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47668067

:emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9:

Half of the prognostication correct - though to be fair, that was the easy bit to guess.

On the other side, May should do that and then live off the speaking tour/book deals for the next couple of decades.

After Poland the biggest source of immigrants to UK is India. Then it's Pakistan, Ireland, Romania, Germany, Bangladesh, Italy, South Africa and China. https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/migrants-in-the-uk-an-overview/

I thought in general it was relatively easy for people from Commonwealth countries to move to UK compared to rest of Europe? So that would be the reason why UK has so many immigrants from places like Jamaica, India and Pakistan compared to other European countries?

Fuck knows if that quote thing works on this phone, but this cuntry has been removing windrush migrants recently, people who’ve families, jobs and settled lives here

Brexit is all about immigration, fk all secrets there, both from inside the EU & from the blowback of the migration crisis caused by cunts like B.liar ploughing into Iraq + collective international foolishness over Syria.....

“Pull up the drawbridge, or Johnny Turk & all his Muslamic friends will pitch up with their kids, parents, benefit skivers & funny-tinged skin types. Fair priced building trade fellows from behind the iron curtain was one thing, I mean look at the job they did on my bathroom, even Barbara whose daughter was jeered outside the local mosque was impressed. But MORE?”

Millions of divs, millions, just wait til their own NHS care standards plummet.

May to go soon while revoking A50 on her way out, with a bit of luck, but the grooved lines on the desk @ no10 will be deep from those talons clasping oin for so long

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47668067

:emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9:

Would you vote for the brexit party?

I've not read the manifesto (if they even have one) but no chance id imagine