IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Question for both of you: on mobile?

On mobile, you will get a reduced set of text formatting options due to horizontal space. I can put all the options, but then you're likely to have rows of buttons that will obscure what you are typing along with the keyboard (I am guessing).

1 hour ago, cruising for burgers said:

android... can't we have 2 horizontal rows with those text formating options? so that nothing overlays?

I’m definitely all for adding more buttons & rows if we have more formatting options. 

22 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

android... can't we have 2 horizontal rows with those text formating options? so that nothing overlays?

Depends on several factors... you overall screen display resolution (I use the term "resolution" loosely since nothing is 1:1 pixels anymore). Let me add the buttons back on the mobile view and see how it works out on my iPhone 13 Pro. Anyone else caring to share screenshots on their devices would be appreciated as well.

On 9/25/2023 at 9:44 PM, Joyrex said:

Question for both of you: on mobile?

On mobile, you will get a reduced set of text formatting options due to horizontal space. I can put all the options, but then you're likely to have rows of buttons that will obscure what you are typing along with the keyboard (I am guessing).

It's happening again on and off but I'm having the issue on a Macbook.

7 hours ago, milkface said:

It's happening again on and off but I'm having the issue on a Macbook.

I'm on a MBP too - do you reduce your browser window down to a point the site goes "responsive" (as what you would see on a tablet or mobile device)? Try fullscreen (although that shouldn't be required).

22 hours ago, Joyrex said:

I'm on a MBP too - do you reduce your browser window down to a point the site goes "responsive" (as what you would see on a tablet or mobile device)? Try fullscreen (although that shouldn't be required).

I always have it fullscreen but nah I've not tried resizing. When it doesn't work I just switch straight to Firefox lol I'll try next time though

3 hours ago, milkface said:

I always have it fullscreen but nah I've not tried resizing. When it doesn't work I just switch straight to Firefox lol I'll try next time though

Not Mac fullscreen, but at least where the browser window fills the available area minus the menu and dock

17 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Not Mac fullscreen, but at least where the browser window fills the available area minus the menu and dock

Sorry yeah that's what I meant by full screen. I have it a bit larger because I have the setting where the dock disappears until I hover over it.

On 9/9/2023 at 2:11 PM, toaoaoad said:

Noticing in older posts (pre-update) that emojis are still missing and are replaced by question marks, is this something that can actually be fixed?

On 9/11/2023 at 8:23 AM, Joyrex said:

Let me see - I'm not quite sure why those broke to begin with

fwiw this issue still exists, any luck seeking a fix? 

On 9/30/2023 at 2:32 AM, toaoaoad said:

fwiw this issue still exists, any luck seeking a fix? 

Can you provide some examples? I haven't seen anything in browsing around...

On 9/28/2023 at 5:57 PM, cruising for burgers said:

MOBILE ANDROID

Screenshot_20230928-235354.png.1818226311c81464a2c12caf33e6de71.png

LAPTOP

received_686835240013471.webp.41bf71e5eac4795c9cd38b3e1c929317.webp

So you'd want all the formatting tools on mobile?

On 10/2/2023 at 8:57 AM, Joyrex said:

Can you provide some examples? I haven't seen anything in browsing around...

Yeah I did the first time I posted about the issue.

@cruising for burgers 's "Animals" thread was an obvious example at the time, looks like he's gone back and re-edited the post to replace the missing emojis. Bro do u wanna confirm this?

Here's another example.

ScreenShotwatmmmissingemojis.thumb.png.63e3278e6f0824bb6e94be221d5edb1d.png

It's something you might not notice if you're not looking for it, but occasionally it makes a post not make sense anymore if the emoji was an important part of the message, and you're wondering why the poster apparently put a bunch of question marks. Reduces the intelligibility of older posts.

Again this appears to have only affected standard emojis (not the watmm-specific ones) and applies to all posts prior to the August 2023 forum update.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

cruising for burgers 's "Animals" thread was an obvious example at the time, looks like he's gone back and re-edited the post to replace the missing emojis. Bro do u wanna confirm this?

confirmed bro!

• Burger 1

also, why do they look so tiny? compared to the watmm ones... 😂😬♥️🤷‍♂️:rdjgrin:

Oh, ok, well, there's not much of a difference on mobile but on laptop they look very tiny...

edit: yeah checking on laptop, way smaller than the watmm preset ones...

Edited by cruising for burgers

I guess we might have rinsed this before but I'm just coming across the phenomenon of "Archived Posts/Threads". Rustie's "Glass Swords" came up on random and I had just forgotten all about Rustie. It was such a mad lad move to use the Seinfeld bass on "Hover Traps" and I found the original thread but I couldn't post on it 😪

This is off-topic/meta but I wanted to comment how I can't believe it's a 12 year old album and that, not only would a fresh crop of heads maybe not know a 2011 album so well, they may be even less able to get a Seinfeld reference. I then tried to old man at a cloud in a thread that itself is closed for discussion due to age lol. 

One last thing...Solo Strike's rebuttal to the "kitschy, poppy, lame" criticisms to the album:

"It's wonderful, joyful music, probably not best suited to people wanking in their mum's basement over snare rushes from 15 years ago" 😅

Edited by xxx
Solo Strike's Strike haha
  • Like 1

concerning bandcamp: its only possible to embed the first track of a release via release id right? 

no way to embed a certain track or a full release with multiple tracks? 

9 hours ago, xxx said:

I guess we might have rinsed this before but I'm just coming across the phenomenon of "Archived Posts/Threads".

I had the same thing and joyrex said he looks into it. some old topics are automatically archived

19 minutes ago, o00o said:

concerning bandcamp: its only possible to embed the first track of a release via release id right? 

no way to embed a certain track or a full release with multiple tracks? 

Only release id is supported, and the first track shown in the embed is the first one that's available, so if the release has 10 tracks and only tracks 4 and 7 have been released, 4 would be the first to play in the embed. If all tracks are available, they start at the first one. The embed does have prev and next buttons, you can move around with them. I know mods can embed a specific track because they can make arbitrary embeds, but user's can't - only full release with whatever tracks are available at that time. The embeds update with the release, so if a couple of tracks are released at first, only they are playable, but when released in full, all the tracks will be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dcom said:

Only release id is supported, and the first track shown in the embed is the first one that's available, so if the release has 10 tracks and only tracks 4 and 7 have been released, 4 would be the first to play in the embed. If all tracks are available, they start at the first one. The embed does have prev and next buttons, you can move around with them. I know mods can embed a specific track because they can make arbitrary embeds, but user's can't - only full release with whatever tracks are available at that time. The embeds update with the release, so if a couple of tracks are released at first, only they are playable, but when released in full, all the tracks will be.

thats what I guessed. thx 

RE: Archiving of old topics - I have turned this off, but it also ominously says in the settings (emphasis mine):

Archiving older non-pinned and non-featured topics on larger sites helps keep your community running smoothly. Archived topics cannot be posted in or edited, and will not show in search results. When your community reaches a certain size, archiving of older topics will be required.

If you see any archived topics you want revived, let me know in a PM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

1. I'd like to be able to delete attachments. I did a search and looks like this has been discussed, @Joyrex I think your reasoning was that it would create broken/missing content in posts.  I get that but at the same time there are already plenty of existing issues that cause the same problem (e.g. the ongoing emoji problem; people posting image links from websites that disappear, etc) so is it really a big deal? There's broken/missing content everywhere. I think the right to delete one's own uploaded attachments from the server outweighs the importance of missing content in posts.

A possible workaround would be a setting that says something like "this attachment is in use, are you sure you want to delete?", and attachments that aren't in use anymore would be delete-able. :shrug:

2.  Wasn't there a giphy button in the post box before or am I just imagining that?

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Big Brain 1

22 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

1. I'd like to be able to delete attachments. I did a search and looks like this has been discussed, @Joyrex I think your reasoning was that it would create broken/missing content in posts.  I get that but at the same time there are already plenty of existing issues that cause the same problem (e.g. the ongoing emoji problem; people posting image links from websites that disappear, etc) so is it really a big deal? There's broken/missing content everywhere. I think the right to delete one's own uploaded attachments from the server outweighs the importance of missing content in posts.

A possible workaround would be a setting that says something like "this attachment is in use, are you sure you want to delete?", and attachments that aren't in use anymore would be delete-able. :shrug:

2.  Wasn't there a giphy button in the post box before or am I just imagining that?

You can delete attachments already.