IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

23 minutes ago, ignatius said:

"confirm you are human" and getting a weird captcha that's always asking me to choose hats. happens before every post/reply etc. 

edit: didn't happen this time. 

I failed the "confirm you're human" test for the first time in my life! I had to put a point on an image telling where the end point for a car was. And it was an incomprehensible image.

Consider this an existential crisis. In a couple of years ChatGPT outperforms me on the "confirm you're human" test. Perhaps it already does. I have failed as a human being...😭

Unless the test will be something you need to fail because AI will somehow manage to be successful anyways. And now I'm a confused human being.

Anyone else find this site, and just this shit site, crashes their phone?

Chrome, google pixel something. Started happening ages ago, I just didn't bother saying anything and stopped visiting because it got too annoying.

But now I have Important Opinions on Squarepusher I'd like to share so fix it now please

Edited by Amen Warrior

On 2/7/2024 at 10:30 AM, Amen Warrior said:

Chrome, google pixel something. Started happening ages ago, I just didn't bother saying anything and stopped visiting because it got too annoying.

But now I have Important Opinions on Squarepusher I'd like to share so fix it now please

Probably due to all the ads... I would suggest getting a subscription so you don't see them, support the site and have a better browsing experience.

On 2/7/2024 at 5:30 PM, Amen Warrior said:

Just use Brave on your phone instead of Chrome, will get rid of ads and some tracking IIRC

22 hours ago, Amen Warrior said:

No Way GIF

That's your choice... but it may not be a choice for much longer.

21 hours ago, chronical said:

Just use Brave on your phone instead of Chrome, will get rid of ads and some tracking IIRC

Safari too has adblockers... but that won't help with limited access to content for non-subscribers.

14 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

That's your choice... but it may not be a choice for much longer.

Safari too has adblockers... but that won't help with limited access to content for non-subscribers.

Just saying it works on my phone with Brave, with no ads at all. Which I guess is not good news to the site admin, but boy do I despise ads. I guess the silver lining is members should probably turn into some form of knob twiddlers soon, because of the implication

Spoiler

(this is a sunny joke I love u joyrex and as soon as im not so broke I want to hand u some dollerinos)

Edited by chronical

1 hour ago, chronical said:

Just saying it works on my phone with Brave, with no ads at all. Which I guess is not good news to the site admin, but boy do I despise ads. I guess the silver lining is members should probably turn into some form of knob twiddlers soon, because of the implication

Hide contents

(this is a sunny joke I love u joyrex and as soon as im not so broke I want to hand u some dollerinos)

I understand... I had to resort to ads because subscriptions weren't keeping this place afloat (consistently), and I would love not having to do ads at all again, but that would require everyone who wants to participate to pay something to keep this place alive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

why does the cookies notification disappear after like 1-2 seconds? no other sites I visit do this. I want to reject these trackers (and I'm assuming sites only offer the option cuz it's legally required? idk though) but it's like trying to catch a fly in my hands 

• Confused 1

On 2/7/2024 at 8:00 PM, Satans Little Helper said:

I failed the "confirm you're human" test for the first time in my life! I had to put a point on an image telling where the end point for a car was. And it was an incomprehensible image.

Consider this an existential crisis. In a couple of years ChatGPT outperforms me on the "confirm you're human" test. Perhaps it already does. I have failed as a human being...😭

Unless the test will be something you need to fail because AI will somehow manage to be successful anyways. And now I'm a confused human being.

Just like I think future females are going to reject us if we are not either robotic or augmented in some way.... some internet services are about to do the same.. if you are not a cog in the system, you are rejected... sigh, fleshy spongey things are so old school, the future is more stiff and cold, is that where we really want to be?.... 

• Sad 1
  • Farnsworth 1

On 3/1/2024 at 6:50 PM, luke viia said:

why does the cookies notification disappear after like 1-2 seconds? no other sites I visit do this. I want to reject these trackers (and I'm assuming sites only offer the option cuz it's legally required? idk though) but it's like trying to catch a fly in my hands 

That's odd - is that on a desktop browser, or a mobile one? Let me know so I can try and reproduce. Is anyone else having this issue?

57 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

That's odd - is that on a desktop browser, or a mobile one? Let me know so I can try and reproduce. Is anyone else having this issue?

i’ve seen it on both mobile and desktop, multiple browsers, been doing that for many months if not a year+

Do you have uBlock origin or some other ad-blockery type thing that blocks those cookie messages .... Had to whitelist this place to stop it going freaky like that

12 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

Do you have uBlock origin or some other ad-blockery type thing that blocks those cookie messages .... Had to whitelist this place to stop it going freaky like that

i don’t believe, there may be some basic ones in Firefox (my current daily on desktop & mobile but i’m on iPhone so that’s just a wrapper over Safari backend…) but i get plenty of ads everywhere….i do use a VPN tho so it may be related to that.

4 hours ago, Joyrex said:

android phone

thanks for looking into it! 

7 hours ago, Joyrex said:

yeah that cookies notification keeps showing up every time I come here even though I already clicked "no"...

where did my messages about PayPal go? why did u delete them Joysex?

not just mine... all the messages from other users about paying with card or PayPal are gone...

20 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

yeah that cookies notification keeps showing up every time I come here even though I already clicked "no"...

where did my messages about PayPal go? why did u delete them Joysex?

not just mine... all the messages from other users about paying with card or PayPal are gone...

What? I didn't delete anything...

13 minutes ago, cruising for burgers said:

what? wtf...

Maybe you're thinking of the ones in this thread:

?

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

No new Featured Artists since 2011. Thats an interesting thing to ponder. Are we a bunch of old people stuck in a time capsule (yes is a perfectly valid answer to that). Or is there just no one new on the scene who's good in the last 13 years (seems unlikely). Or should we add some new ones (I have no idea who. Aleksi Perala? EOD? Kettel?).

edit: Idea: Maybe every N years (N=3?) we should have a poll to add a new artist subforum, to keep up with the times?

Edited by zazen

28 minutes ago, zazen said:

Are we a bunch of old people stuck in a time capsule (yes is a perfectly valid answer to that).

no, but Joyrex has stated pretty clearly that he is regarding new artist subforums. let’s hope he changes his mind one of these days.

17 hours ago, zazen said:

No new Featured Artists since 2011. Thats an interesting thing to ponder. Are we a bunch of old people stuck in a time capsule (yes is a perfectly valid answer to that). Or is there just no one new on the scene who's good in the last 13 years (seems unlikely). Or should we add some new ones (I have no idea who. Aleksi Perala? EOD? Kettel?).

edit: Idea: Maybe every N years (N=3?) we should have a poll to add a new artist subforum, to keep up with the times?

17 hours ago, auxien said:

no, but Joyrex has stated pretty clearly that he is regarding new artist subforums. let’s hope he changes his mind one of these days.

I’m actually open to the idea, and I think a poll would be the best way to determine which artist(s) would make sense to have a subforum dedicated to them.

Or, would it make more sense to do away with artist subforums and just have it all freeform?

• Farnsworth 1

5 hours ago, Joyrex said:

I’m actually open to the idea, and I think a poll would be the best way to determine which artist(s) would make sense to have a subforum dedicated to them.

that's good to hear! a poll is a good way to make those decisions, i wonder if there should maybe be a cap on how many 'featured artists' are available? if there's 50 or 100 "featured artists," is that really a help i guess is what i'm worried about?

5 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Or, would it make more sense to do away with artist subforums and just have it all freeform?

personally i like the experience of going to the AE subforum with pinned posts, unread threads, etc., or the same for artists i'm not as familiar with like Vibert, i can see the active threads easily for looking into what's popular/recent for that artist specifically...having that for more artists would be good, or any artist perhaps, if that same basic structure/experience could be maintained. idk operationally how that would work tho...

• Like 1