IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

On 8/14/2023 at 1:01 PM, Joyrex said:

and any new features (we jumped up around .5 versions)

serious question here - what new features? I can't tell any. are all the icons sorta softer looking now? the shade of grey is a little different perhaps?

8 minutes ago, zero said:

serious question here - what new features? I can't tell any. are all the icons sorta softer looking now? the shade of grey is a little different perhaps?

Mostly just useless things like "trending content" and more visibility of who's viewing what

Both of which I'm pretty sure are features nobody wants

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, toaoaoad said:

Mostly just useless things like "trending content" and more visibility of who's viewing what

Both of which I'm pretty sure are features nobody wants

haha. the data analytic goblins care about it tho! y'know the nameless/faceless "them" out there, who are carefully gathering insights as to all our meme loving shenanigans.

and who is this "Invision community" any way? sounds like some sorta transcendental cult. 

• Haha 1

I would say try clearing cache... the main thing that was preventing people from posting was the custom toolbar didn't carry over correctly for some reason and I had to factory reset it.

As for new features, I've not had much time these days to see what is actually new and hopefully improved, but we'll now get the latest and greatest since we're hosted by the company that makes the software. This frees me up from having to do server upgrades, etc. and hopefully can allow me to focus more on improving the site functionality overall.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

31 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I would say try clearing cache... the main thing that was preventing people from posting was the custom toolbar didn't carry over correctly for some reason and I had to factory reset it.

As for new features, I've not had much time these days to see what is actually new and hopefully improved, but we'll now get the latest and greatest since we're hosted by the company that makes the software. This frees me up from having to do server upgrades, etc. and hopefully can allow me to focus more on improving the site functionality overall.

That's nice! Hopefully they won't go too crazy on charges and fees for hosting the website. Thanks again Joypapa!

39 minutes ago, prdctvsm said:

on Android mobile :

Web page not available 

net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

^ using DuckDuckGo, works fine on Google 🤔 mite b sumpin' w all dem ads

I've got it I've got it I've got it - It's the themes : @Joyrex 'WATMM after dark' (the one I use) and 'WATMM Muted (Dark)' appear to need updating to work on this version of the forum software. Switching to another (right at the bottom of the page) other than those two and you can type 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10

1 hour ago, mcbpete said:

I've got it I've got it I've got it - It's the themes : @Joyrex 'WATMM after dark' (the one I use) and 'WATMM Muted (Dark)' appear to need updating to work on this version of the forum software. Switching to another (right at the bottom of the page) other than those two and you can type 🙂

Free at last!

1 hour ago, mcbpete said:

I can type!! But at what cost?

spongebob-eyes.gif

• Haha 4