IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno why you facepalmed that @Joyrex, the request is made in earnest. One of the cringiest posters on this site is a mod and floods the boards with absolute garbage 24/7. Because of the inability to put mods on ignore we are all subjected to this, where with any other user we could just block it out. The option should be there. 

3 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

Dunno why you facepalmed that @Joyrex, the request is made in earnest. One of the cringiest posters on this site is a mod and floods the boards with absolute garbage 24/7. Because of the inability to put mods on ignore we are all subjected to this, where with any other user we could just block it out. The option should be there. 

Okay, since you decided to put this out here in public, which Mod is it?

Regardless of your opinions about what you consider 'cringy' and 'garbage', Moderators have to be able to do their job, and being able to ignore them kinda defeats that purpose, no?

yeah i've asked about it before, it's supposedly not possible.

i'm not familiar with the software running the forum but i'd think it'd be possible to allow one-way control, where a mod can still moderate a user even if that user has blocked them. it's not too different from just blocking anyone really, i'd assume? i'd think a mod would have control of limiting that user whether or not the user had them blocked? idk...a blocked mod could still message the user (maybe just disallow blocking messages from mods?) or limit their ability to post until admin (Joyrex) could intervene. i imagine it's mostly that Joyrex doesn't wanna fuck with figuring it out but who knows, i'm just glad he hasn't started a mandatory-participation Tycho subforum, so i'm trying to staying on his good side...

i had to block the Funny Pictures thread because of the terrible Facebook-grampa level posts every 20 minutes by Rubin....that solved most of the issues for me. i don't think Rubin's a bad dude at all (hey man!), i just think his sense of humor/restraint is pretty bad. i doubt i've missed all that many actually funny pictures? idk, i cry about it every few weeks but i'm trying to move on. someday.

Thanks bro. Good suggestions there. Yeah I'm not gonna die on this hill or anything just thought I'd bring it up. I'm sure I'm not the only one lol

Anyone else getting only 'how to drain lymph fluid' ads on here with a pic of swollen legs? It's just a kinda hilariously niche topic for the board ads to zero in on.

• Haha 1

Goiter Sanchez

'how to drain lymph fluid'

....hm.

are the ads also showing up in Spanish, Mr. Sanchez?

• Big Brain 4

On 7/4/2024 at 7:08 PM, auxien said:

Goiter Sanchez

'how to drain lymph fluid'

....hm.

are the ads also showing up in Spanish, Mr. Sanchez?

I think you figured it out!

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, milkface said:

Did lots of posts disappear or something? The front page has gone from 2M+ posts to 660k lol

I will look into this...

It might be an error with the add-in that displays that info - they are depreciating add-ins so some features may go away as they become incompatible with the forum software updates.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some topics in which I've posted no longer have the "star" symbol next to their title, the star which indicates it is a thread in which I have posted.

Not all topics are like this, only some (examples are "2020 election thread" and "how does the world view America" thread), while others behave as expected.

• Thanks 2

On 9/4/2024 at 9:30 AM, EdamAnchorman said:

Some topics in which I've posted no longer have the "star" symbol next to their title, the star which indicates it is a thread in which I have posted.

Not all topics are like this, only some (examples are "2020 election thread" and "how does the world view America" thread), while others behave as expected.

In the default WATMM Classic skin, or another skin on the site?

^same shit's been happening to me for a few weeks, i'm using WATMM after dark.

only happens on some threads, can't find any connecting tissue as to why. one happened really quickly the other day, like within a day of posting i believe, but other threads i haven't posted in for months (maybe more?) still show me as having participated (starred).

• Thanks 1

Off topic… I use the “Muted (Dark)” theme and I’m still constantly annoyed by people’s cut/paste content because it’s always black text on black background if they don’t remove formatting before posting. If it’s short, I can usually just highlight it as if I was copying it and that’s easier to see but if it’s a long quote sometimes I just say fuck it because it’s really tricky to select/highlight large selections of text accurately on mobile (iPhone) and I usually end up pretty pissed off. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

when i go to my own profile trying to find an old thread i started, (Home > Activity > Content I Started), it doesn't load past like 15 threads....looks to be for threads that have had activity in them within the last year.

also it seems that 'archived' threads are not even searchable within the site itself? is that expected/desired behavior? going to google and searching the domain can surface the archived bits still, at least. what's the criteria for a thread getting archived? i think some of this was discussed before but i don't remember exacts.

15 hours ago, auxien said:

when i go to my own profile trying to find an old thread i started, (Home > Activity > Content I Started), it doesn't load past like 15 threads....looks to be for threads that have had activity in them within the last year.

also it seems that 'archived' threads are not even searchable within the site itself? is that expected/desired behavior? going to google and searching the domain can surface the archived bits still, at least. what's the criteria for a thread getting archived? i think some of this was discussed before but i don't remember exacts.

Yeah, supposedly for search performance for large sites (so says the forum software maker)

I lost my password and all password recovery requests went to spam. Until I figured that out I tried to contact someone here but unfortunately all support pages can only reached when logged in. I picked the mail from spam but if that somehow would not have worked it would have been quite the hassle. 

• Confused 1

On 9/11/2024 at 9:03 AM, o00o said:

I lost my password and all password recovery requests went to spam. Until I figured that out I tried to contact someone here but unfortunately all support pages can only reached when logged in. I picked the mail from spam but if that somehow would not have worked it would have been quite the hassle. 

The support link is going away altogether (not my decision; software vendor changes)

On 9/11/2024 at 9:40 AM, cwmbrancity said:

Can’t seem to get youlube vids to embed any more. Do I need more lube @Joyrex ?