IGNORED

Looking for a minimalist MIDI controller

just be sure to stay away from the arturia beatstep - I recently got myself one of those mainly because of its 16 endless rotary encoders and it seemed relatively affordable. i had to return it straight away because the values were jumping all over the place when I turned the knobs. even the two replacement models that they offered me at the store had the same problem right out of the box. jsyk

On 5/22/2019 at 12:38 AM, mcbpete said:

Look for a second hand Behringer BCR2000, they're knob-tastic

Image result for bcr2000

I have one and imo this thing is still the best knobby midi controller there is

I believe bc Vst synths are less popular in the last few yrs and ppl are buying hw synths more than ever, mostly analog.  And secondly bc this controller is an overkill for majority of sw ppl

I have a Livid Code v2. I bought it specifically for being a visual feedback thing with endless encoders. If you are into programming it on your own or even writing custom control surface scripts, this might be interesting for you. You can basically have a blinky blinky step sequencer backed by a Pure Data patch really easily. I spent some time writing scripts for using it in my Live template set for jamming, but eventually I decided to get a Push instead.

Now it is sitting on my shelf waiting for better days and I am thinking of getting rid of it, because I will probably never bother with all those dreams about making my own custom step sequencer (and actually using it too).

23 hours ago, mcbpete said:

It's a huge shame they stopped making them, anyone know why as they were so good (as was the BCF2000 - the one with all the faders)

i've seen second hand prices on the BCR range from $50AUD on facebook (sold in like ~10 minutes) to ... 

rxDhQXr.jpg

On 5/22/2019 at 4:58 PM, AnwarAutokino said:

just be sure to stay away from the arturia beatstep - I recently got myself one of those mainly because of its 16 endless rotary encoders and it seemed relatively affordable. i had to return it straight away because the values were jumping all over the place when I turned the knobs. even the two replacement models that they offered me at the store had the same problem right out of the box. jsyk

Haven't used that but I have used Maschine mk2 as a midi controller on Cubase and had that problem. I haven't really solved it either but once reading about this issue I saw people saying that the shitty usb cable that came with the mk2 might be to blame. Don't know, Haven't tried switching.

i think the main reason those BCRs are getting sought after because of the DIY sequencer firmware some person/s put together for them.

darreich, the PC12 you posted is cool but you could probably find a PC4 for a fair amount cheaper. i've seen them pop up i think around $150 (usd) used. one or two of those might be all you need? i have a UC4, use the faders far more than the knobs, are you sure you need just knobs?

8 hours ago, Thiefinger said:

Haven't used that but I have used Maschine mk2 as a midi controller on Cubase and had that problem. I haven't really solved it either but once reading about this issue I saw people saying that the shitty usb cable that came with the mk2 might be to blame. Don't know, Haven't tried switching.

well in my case I'm certain the problem is related to bad manufacturing/engineering/usage of cheap encoders.. not sure about your Maschine though, never used one

• 2 weeks later...

Archived