IGNORED

Mause - Ubal EP [AF023]

gated

22 hours ago, T3551ER said:

Dope. Sounds lush!

Is Anal Force becoming, like, the new Warp Records? (I mean, what Warp records was like back in the early 90's->2000's or so)

Yes, to me it almost feels like the kind of stuff Warp was releasing at the time they put out Blech II. 

But it’s the Rephlex sound that is obviously a touchstone as well - I think AF’s first couple of releases with D’Arcangelo and Dwaalicht almost come across as a statement of intent.

What I love about AF is how considered its whole approach seems to be. It definitely seems to have its own sound, even though within that there’s a lot of variety. Even the sleeve designs have a consistency to them and seem to evolve in phases. 

Just such a great label.

I went to Berlin to see AFX and I found several people with AF tshirts. Im very fan too, really like the music output and the general aesthetics.

• 2 weeks later...

Good stuff, very glad to be plugged into Mause. Love how varied all this is. Session Trax1 is quite nice indeed.

I would do well with an album of Tharksithe FM style though...

1 hour ago, sherkaner said:

Good stuff, very glad to be plugged into Mause. Love how varied all this is. Session Trax1 is quite nice indeed.

I would do well with an album of Tharksithe FM style though...

I've been working a load with breaks again, same kind of vibe as thark but pushing the samples even furthur...

• Rubin Farr changed the title to Mause - Ubal EP [AF023]

Archived