IGNORED

EDM L [Electric Dance Music]

Uros

i think i actually don;t like any of these that much. there's usually like one track per album that i think is pretty good but nothing really ever grabs me. ftr i just listened to A->D. Now I'm listening to the EOD S series and they're much better imo.

10 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

i think i actually don;t like any of these that much. there's usually like one track per album that i think is pretty good but nothing really ever grabs me. ftr i just listened to A->D. Now I'm listening to the EOD S series and they're much better imo.

EDM L deserves repeated listens. I’ll agree that the last few have been hit or miss though.

And yes, EOD S is pretty damn special.

The early ones were like compilations, proper grab bags of wildly different stuff, then Jodey switched it up and now each release is more or less stylistically homogenous. I don't really know which approach i prefer. 

I do enjoy (iii) but it does sound like it was made on a more limited studio setup, lots of jammy sketches and a slightly retrograde attitude.

L is like full on melodic IDM/drill n bass madness. I would also have bought this one on wax, hopefully Clone/D.U.B. will include a few of these trax on any future installments of the EDM comp. P.s. he should have put 'Matashi Acid' on this one it would've fit great.

^I remember reading from xltronic that iii sounded like youtube korg monologue demos and haven't managed to get rid of that quote from my head. There are some moments there that do sound like that so there's a iota of truth in there. On the other hand it's part of the appeal of the album, took a u-turn back to the style of earlier days imo. Also agree with the older comps versus newer albums thing you said there. The newer volumes do sound like they were based around a specific sound palette. Maybe the best example was F (both CD+Vinyl) completed with the bonus tracks.  Waiting eagerly Matashi acid(s) along with some other unreleased Jidomatix tracks.

C and G I wasn't into, and E is not the kind of thing i will put on, typically. A2, B2, D, F, i, ii, iii, K, and L constitute an epic and formidable collection of music. if jodey completes the alphabet, which he seems ready to do, this will be quite special. it already is.

agreeing with others that L is great.

1 hour ago, very honest said:

C and G I wasn't into, and E is not the kind of thing i will put on, typically. A2, B2, D, F, i, ii, iii, K, and L constitute an epic and formidable collection of music. if jodey completes the alphabet, which he seems ready to do, this will be quite special. it already is.

agreeing with others that L is great.

Correct answer.

was just thinking that there is still alot of unreleased bangers up JK's proverbial sleeve.

there is 10-20 tracks that have only aired on the penryn radio show. hope they come out in the future.

^what, how can you get 10-20 unreleased tracks from the PSA shows? afaik Matashi Acid's are the only ones that are still unreleased. Aside from those, half of the Jidomatix YT tracks, two Black Narcissus tracks (Dark Churn & Sister Ruth 2) + that jungle tune from his NST set are still waiting an official release, so if counting those too, there are somewhere around 10 unreleased tracks which I'm aware of. Plus I've got a track called L.O.T which I don't know where the hell it originates from. Kinda similar with Data Sync, samish drums...

Little sidetracking, but do you guys have anything else?

3 hours ago, Uros said:

^what, how can you get 10-20 unreleased tracks from the PSA shows? afaik Matashi Acid's are the only ones that are still unreleased. Aside from those, half of the Jidomatix YT tracks, two Black Narcissus tracks (Dark Churn & Sister Ruth 2) + that jungle tune from his NST set are still waiting an official release, so if counting those too, there are somewhere around 10 unreleased tracks which I'm aware of. Plus I've got a track called L.O.T which I don't know where the hell it originates from. Kinda similar with Data Sync, samish drums...

Damn. I thought I was a Jodey fan...

1 hour ago, Extralife said:

Damn. I thought I was a Jodey fan...

Awww, thanks...I guess. Yeah, sometimes almost feels awkward to flood every damn JK thread with basically nothing to say, but he just happens to be one of the few artists who hit hard. I'm somewhat selective about stuff and it's sometimes hard to find something to really love, but luckily there are few I can always count on and are instabuy. And of course try to get my hands to every turd they drop. Namely JK, RDJ, Odan, Sparkwave or Godflesh. Then some one-offs like Steinvord and Garrison. Maybe freak was more appropriate title than fan. :wtf:

Edit: Fuck, forgot zvλd

PSA should update that little bit. Let it bowl v3 and CLTRE AVA V2 are on i, Old Skool (Osk) is on F. Remembered that 18 J 5 was on iii but seems it's not. So in addition to Matashi Acids, 12 Octavian and EBM Jam 8 VoX Version remain unreleased.  Sound like short interludes. Thanks!

On 7/7/2019 at 8:53 AM, Uros said:

the bleep mix he did 2months ago has couple of new trax (or more so interlude type sections). altho some of them may be from penryn

2 hours ago, B1000 said:

the bleep mix he did 2months ago has couple of new trax (or more so interlude type sections). altho some of them may be from penryn

That's the NTS set I was talking about, since it was broadcasted by them and it's also on NTS's mixcloud. Sorry, was little confusing. Dunno, only new thing I found is at 33 min mark, that junglish kind of track, which ends when the Narcissus's Till The Rains Brake floats in. Didn't spot there  being other ones. Don't really care the interlude bits tbh. If I got it right, the bleep set was pretty much similar to his Bangface 2012 set. Nice set anyway, didn't know it was on SC too:

Archived