2 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

She seems like the go to VP candidate imo, if someone like Pete wants to make inroads with the Baptist voters, etc.  I can see her holding out for a front runner to hitch her wagon to.

i think she's too much of an establishment dem and would be waaaayyyy out of her element trying to be VP. i think she should shoot for something like governor. a lot of these so-called candidates have more ego than know-how and it has become a little bit of a self-promotion free-for-all

• Like 1

I was really looking forward to seeing Trump defeated by a black woman. Now that shes out I'm hoping its Bernie because it would drive all the alt-right people completely insane.

Edited by acid1

8 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Unless Warren comes out on top, the Dems would be insane not to run a minority or female (or both) VP candidate on the bill.  Maybe they'll pluck out some rando like Sarah Palin.

the fuck are you talking about Rubin? why on earth would the dems pick out Palin, an idiotic failed Republican governor

1 minute ago, auxien said:

the fuck are you talking about Rubin? why on earth would the dems pick out Palin, an idiotic failed Republican governor

"some rando like Sarah Palin"

i don't think he meant sarah palin but rando from outta the nowhere.  honestly they should just do a sanders warren ticket and let's go already. 

• Thanks 3

oooooooh just badly worded, i get the point now. yeah, VP picks tend to be mostly strategic and not often failed candidates like Harris, at least more recent examples. not sure what Bush's strategy was for picking Cheney tho so i could be talking out of my ass

52 minutes ago, ignatius said:

honestly they should just do a sanders warren ticket and let's go already. 

agreed, imo the process so far has been exhausting.  also not being in an early caucus state you feel powerless in the same way that the electoral college fucks with the idea of everyones vote being represented/heard

Edited by markedone

4 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Unless Warren comes out on top, the Dems would be insane not to run a minority or female (or both) VP candidate on the bill.  Maybe they'll pluck out some rando like Sarah Palin.

How about we pick effective candidates from the left instead of playing liberal identity politics.  Despite that I'd be okay with Bernie Warren 2020

2 hours ago, randomsummer said:

Ummmmmmm, Halliburton/oil/$$$$$$$ ??????

i mean that would make sense yeah, i just personally don't remember/never knew really. but if you know that's why then i'd sure believe it. i sorta assumed that Cheney was there to be the puppeteer of Bush, to prod him towards the path the Republican elites/donors behind the scenes wanted (because Bush was a dopey idiot and seemed like he might need a handler). but that is basically just speculation and impressions, i don't remember if any of that has basis in real facts or if it was just the narrative i constructed and half remember from a decade+ ago.

7 hours ago, auxien said:

oooooooh just badly worded, i get the point now. yeah, VP picks tend to be mostly strategic and not often failed candidates like Harris, at least more recent examples. not sure what Bush's strategy was for picking Cheney tho so i could be talking out of my ass

I believe the Cheney strategy was "more a" (not badly worded, but quoted for your attention! ? ) proto Palin that actually worked. Only, in the case of Bush/Cheney they put the "Palin" of the ticket in the top seat instead of the VP seat. Which makes sense, because Cheney would never win the race. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nebraska said:

i think she's too much of an establishment dem and would be waaaayyyy out of her element trying to be VP. i think she should shoot for something like governor. a lot of these so-called candidates have more ego than know-how and it has become a little bit of a self-promotion free-for-all

This, she was appealing initially: inverse of Trump in every way, POC, came after Biden from the start but man did she waffle. She backed away from firm liberal policies and appealed to a moderate demographic she had polarized. The recent NYT article on her run revealed the campaign was a shit show. She literally had staffers brainstorm policies for her, which is how she came up with some of the most out of touch, unrealistic, watered down policy ideas of perhaps any of the candidates in the entire DNC field. 

As far as VP picks go the DNC should look at women like Senator Tammy Duckworth or Katie Porter. They are more consistently progressive than Harris, a lot less wonk-ish and establishment than Warren. They also have more experience and would be less polarizing than AOC  and Tlaib, I feel like they bridge the gap between actual leftist Dems the more moderate wing. I know offhand Duckworth isn't on the same level of Sanders policy wise, but she's far better than most of the Dems who ran for president this year. Porter actually flipped a red district and has working-class credibility and she's for medicare for all. She's like a version of Warren I wish was running.

Katie Porter verbally DESTROYS Ben Carson with a $5,000 dining room chair. But yeah, I like Katie Porter and Tammy Duckworth. Much more serious than any of The Squad, for sure. 

^ isolated by itself, objectively looked at as a goofy move between a married couple, I'd just laugh at this

in the context of Biden's weird uncle turned weirder grandpa character arc it's cringe-y, like a warm-up to the even creepier stuff involving kids

still the lesser cringe-y than this though...

22 hours ago, ambergonk said:

I'm not fond of the fact that Bloomberg is in the race. He's a Trojan horse as far as I'm concerned.

yep, he's literally running to prevent taxation of him and his peers and the fact that he's willing to write-off hundreds of millions doing so and not even blinking speaks volumes

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thought Warren came off really well last night:

1 hour ago, joshuatxuk said:

^ isolated by itself, objectively looked at as a goofy move between a married couple, I'd just laugh at this

in the context of Biden's weird uncle turned weirder grandpa character arc it's cringe-y, like a warm-up to the even creepier stuff involving kids

still the lesser cringe-y than this though...

yep, he's literally running to prevent taxation of him and his peers and the fact that he's willing to write-off hundreds of millions doing so and not even blinking speaks volumes

Didn't he benefit from Trump's tax cut?

RE: Bloomberg. He's a fiscal conservative and moderate on foreign policy. He's been consistently liberal and progressive on social issues. He deserves credit especially for helping fund Planned Parenthood after they were stripped of financial support by Republicans.

He's like an evolved Rockefeller Republican and pretty much HRC 2.0 in terms of a campaign. The thing that will backfire is he's literally the elite, patronizing, out of touch east coast liberal the GOP loves to tout as a boogeyman. He's a less personable version of Romney. His soda tax is a perfect example of something that is well-meaning but pretty fucking polarizing when you think about it. He's for status quo gradual DNC social policy efforts, not systematic change.

Edited by joshuatxuk
  • Like 1