4 hours ago, cern said:

What needs to be change to get USA better? Im very interested in this. 

News media consumers and creators need to be more responsible, and people of all ages need to be taught how to think critically about information.

Oh, and the wealth gap needs to close up a lot, and people need to embrace compromise in politics instead of this team / obstructionist dynamic.

Edited by randomsummer
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, cern said:

What is the most important question/quest for fellow Americans here? 

Is it climate? Economy? 

I think a lot of Americans need to somehow come around to accepting that a stubborn refusal to adapt to changing times is not patriotic. Things have to change somehow but as long as there’s a stranglehold on our government by people who shouldn’t be there controlled by money that shouldn’t have a say, we’re ruined. This whole us vs them mentality has done way more damage to us all than just about anything ever has. The USA will get better when people stop being apathetic and stupid.  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, auxien said:

more handjobs from our congresspeople would be a good start. might help them learn how to get anything over the finish line.

public service

10 hours ago, cern said:

What is the most important question/quest for fellow Americans here? 

Is it climate? Economy? 

climate is an apocalyptic problem without a solution, and the needed solution involves the US federal government. policy is what's needed. it's the bottleneck. we don't start solving the problem until we get climate policy stabilized. and there's a lot to do after we start actually working on it. we need new ways to do concrete, steel, plastic, fertilizer, and meat. that's all. not even talking about heating, powering the grid, and transportation

people of the year 2060 hate us.

Edited by trying to be less rude
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

“It’s always hard whenever there’s gravity put on the voters. I’m here to provide levity and lift burdens off of people."

she certainly wanted to take a load off that guy.

• Haha 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

4 hours ago, Upset man said:

Oohhhh

The full ruling is here: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23991872-ny-ruling-on-trump-business-fraud, and the judge lays down a brutal legal smackdown on Trump's lawyers, Trump, and his family of fraudsters. My schadenfreude is through the roof.

• Like 3

watched about 15 min of the republican debate last night before I turned it off. a few takeaways:

-clowns. all of them.

-get asked a question, barely answer it, turn the question into whatever tf they want to ramble on about. how did these people make it this far in life? fckin lying pieces of shit. how does anyone believe a word these people say? I know this has been a long running "issue" with politicians, but jfc it is on full display now. not even trying to hide the fact they don't know what the hell they're talking about most of the time.

-a skilled high school debate club would shred these d-bags.

-Mike Pence is the biggest dickwad in politics. he can't contain his hatred of LGBTQ. any chance he got he turned into a rant against trans. he's mentally ill as far as I can tell. I kept hoping the fly from the ether realm would come back and take a dump on his head.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, zero said:

watched about 15 min of the republican debate last night before I turned it off. a few takeaways:

-clowns. all of them.

-get asked a question, barely answer it, turn the question into whatever tf they want to ramble on about. how did these people make it this far in life? fckin lying pieces of shit. how does anyone believe a word these people say? I know this has been a long running "issue" with politicians, but jfc it is on full display now. not even trying to hide the fact they don't know what the hell they're talking about most of the time.

-a skilled high school debate club would shred these d-bags.

-Mike Pence is the biggest dickwad in politics. he can't contain his hatred of LGBTQ. any chance he got he turned into a rant against trans. he's mentally ill as far as I can tell. I kept hoping the fly from the ether realm would come back and take a dump on his head.

Vivek’s finger was all over the place.

IMG_4332.jpeg

• Haha 1

^ as were his responses I heard.

I did like the part when Haley said "I feel like I get dumber just by listening to you" to him, then the camera kept on him as he was squirming around trying to figure out how to reply.

• Haha 1

image.thumb.png.65d4a6c8858628ddf3c68b52c51cdddf.png

maybe 90 year olds shouldn’t be holding national offices?

edit (not trying to just shit on her, lots of people speaking about the good things she had done):

Edited by auxien
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, auxien said:

image.thumb.png.65d4a6c8858628ddf3c68b52c51cdddf.png

maybe 90 year olds shouldn’t be holding national offices?

edit (not trying to just shit on her, lots of people speaking about the good things she had done):

she still showed up for work though.. and refuses to resign even though she's dead. 😉

RIP Senator Feinstein.  she was there so long i'm sure her record could be picked over to show any kind of narrative. i know people were grateful she was there for a long time and others not so much.. seems crazy not to step down when it makes more sense. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

wkl8kaC.png

Bail bondsman Scott Hall on Friday became the first defendant in the Fulton County election interference case to take a plea agreement with prosecutors, signaling the probe has entered a dynamic new phase.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/breaking-first-trump-rico-defendant-takes-plea-agreement/3L3OZWOFIJHWHLJUTQSNHO4VL4/

1 down. 17 to go 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Some of these people are saying they were paid to wear UAW shirts and carry signs, even though they are non-union, and possibly just shills.

IMG_4412.jpeg

all were shills. it was a non-union shop that wasn't striking or supporting the strike. they make parts or something.  and yeah.. a bunch of them were apparently paid to be there. 

it's all a facade.. an act as usual and some people will buy it. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

the never-ending aftermath

Is Non-Accountability for the Crimes of January 6th at the Root of Chaos in Congress?

Sunlight and accountability are still the best disinfectants and America needs to close this ugly chapter in our history with a sense of both finality and justice…

https://hartmannreport.com/p/is-non-accountability-for-the-crimes-6be