IGNORED

The Tuss

T3551ER

dumping the  old afx rephlex material on archive.org instead of giving customers who legally bought it access to their wavs in the store is a weird decision I do not understand. but maybe the database  got lost and he does not know who bought what 

There were lots of rumours at the time regarding Richard potentially going through a divorce and the 'under the radar' release of The Tuss was to hide any extra income from divorce lawyers, which seems quite silly to me, I mean it was still coming out on his label, under his publishing co. Its not like those guys are that easily fooled. How effective would this have even been from a legal standpoint? I suppose you could set up a seperate bank account for the Tregaskins but then youre getting into some heavy fraud lol.

I think he just put stuff out on Rephlex during this time period to cut out the middle man, remove all the marketing and promo fuss and have a little more direct control. The Tuss couldve come out as an AFX release I suppose but he does like his funny names and obfuscation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, o00o said:

I highly doubt that any of the Rephlex material afx did will ever be released on warp. Its the whole point releasing it under his afx alias separated from the aphex twin oeuvre

True!

55 minutes ago, cruising for burgers said:

👀🤔💭 what r we talking about here? what old afx rephlex material?

Analord digital release with the digital bonus tracks that was available on the Rephlex online store and went offline with the Rephlex website. You can't buy them anywhere. The only way to get them is to download them from archive.org or some shady torrent or slsk which is a pity. Also the other digital purchases of Rephlex material got lost with them. I had a pretty solid collection of all Analords and some Wisp releases if I remember correctly. Wisp is on Bandcamp even though I had to buy it again to gain access. Analords are not available anywhere

Edited by o00o
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this looks like it was auto created with apple photo memories. its even the same pair of fonts

How to use Memories in Photos app on iPhone and iPad

Edited by o00o
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I am not sure if somebody even works "at warp" anymore at this point. 

the promotion will be done at some pool agency and  the new artist signing doesn't feel like there is a person with half a brain in charge anymore. 

the promotion seems to be done completely by the artists themselves which the coverart of Syro might be hinting at as there is no "WARP" attributed expense on the list.  I might be wrong though. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, o00o said:

I am not sure if somebody even works "at warp" anymore at this point. 

the promotion will be done at some pool agency and  the new artist signing doesn't feel like there is a person with half a brain in charge anymore. 

the promotion seems to be done completely by the artists themselves which the coverart of Syro might be hinting at as there is no "WARP" attributed expense on the list.  I might be wrong though. 

Could their social media posts just be a bot at this point?

38 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Could their social media posts just be a bot at this point?

They post like 6 times a month on instagram. I guess that’s still doable 

Edited by o00o
  • Like 1