IGNORED

Israeli-Palestinian conflict

zlemflolia

Israel intensified its overnight bombing of southern Gaza, where officials said record numbers of Palestinians had been killed again, as violence flared elsewhere in the region and a showdown loomed at the U.N. on Wednesday over desperately needed aid.

Health officials in the Hamas-run enclave said many of those killed were in the south, where hundreds of thousands fled after Israel warned them it would attack the north to wipe out Hamas after its killing spree in Israel on Oct. 7. 

. . .

Palestinian anger over the deaths has been increased by a sense of betrayal as many of those who obeyed the order to move south are also being killed. The Israeli military says that Hamas, which took control in Gaza in 2005, has entrenched itself among the civilian population everywhere.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/world-leaders-seek-suspend-israel-hamas-fighting-gaza-aid-2023-10-24/

‘move south, we’re gonna bomb the north’ ‘lol jk you fell for that? gonna bomb the south.’ children getting in the way of the bombs trying to target a few Hamas leaders, a real inconvenience for Israeli bombs. i mean, a slight inconvenience, Israel doesn’t seem to stop the bombing just because there’s innocents, and the bombs don’t care so, guess those kids shouldn’t have been born brown and in the wrong place? 

fucking disgusting man, all of this.

• Like 1

that Palestinian journalist is still reporting from inside gaza. posting to his instagram. it's brutal mostly but some moments of levity.. mostly it's all NSFL but also footage of refugee camps set up and people getting on w/their day somehow. but his instagram reels are rough and i don't recommend it unless you want to be witness to this. 

https://www.instagram.com/motaz_azaiza

he's mostly posting things in his reels/stories feature. there's lot's of content warnings and blurred screens but not all of it is being caught by the censoring features.

• Like 1

other journalist who reports for al jazeera left his home w/his family to a place they thought would be safe... he was out reporting nad his whole family was killed in an air raid.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/26/media/al-jazeera-journalist-family-killed-gaza/index.html

• Sad 3

Israel cut all telecommunications and internet in Gaza, total blackout, and are now carpet bombing the north and launching relentless airstrikes on the south (where Palestinians were told to flee). 

:catsob: Fuck this cruel world.

• Sad 8

I'm sometimes guilty of trying to reverse engineer things I don't quite understand. such as, why in the fuck are they doing this? (the collective "they" here, not just 1 side). the obvious answer is this is a territory dispute. they are fighting each other over land. over a slice of land both sides want for their people. why do they want the land? because both sides believe it is significant within each of their cultures. why is it significant? then comes the elephant in the room - religious reasons. once you pull back enough layers of the onion, the Abrahamic faiths rear their violent heads once again. 

how many humans have been killed throughout history due to reasons linked to Islam/Christianity/Judaism? impossible to know. isn't part of the point of these religions to spread peace, love, and social order? yet the adherents of these faiths continue to not be able to accomplish this very well. these faiths are strong promoters of tribalism. they all believe they are justified in their actions of committing sins against the other team, in order to get what they want. this seems antagonistic, not peace-promoting (and seems even crazier when you consider these groups all believe in the same monotheistic God). but yeah...shit like this can't usually be said out loud in the room, i.e. this killing and fighting is the fault of religion. it will usually lead to anger and arguing.    

13 minutes ago, zero said:

I'm sometimes guilty of trying to reverse engineer things I don't quite understand. such as, why in the fuck are they doing this? (the collective "they" here, not just 1 side). the obvious answer is this is a territory dispute. they are fighting each other over land. over a slice of land both sides want for their people. why do they want the land? because both sides believe it is significant within each of their cultures. why is it significant? then comes the elephant in the room - religious reasons. once you pull back enough layers of the onion, the Abrahamic faiths rear their violent heads once again. 

how many humans have been killed throughout history due to reasons linked to Islam/Christianity/Judaism? impossible to know. isn't part of the point of these religions to spread peace, love, and social order? yet the adherents of these faiths continue to not be able to accomplish this very well. these faiths are strong promoters of tribalism. they all believe they are justified in their actions of committing sins against the other team, in order to get what they want. this seems antagonistic, not peace-promoting (and seems even crazier when you consider these groups all believe in the same monotheistic God). but yeah...shit like this can't usually be said out loud in the room, i.e. this killing and fighting is the fault of religion. it will usually lead to anger and arguing.    

i never get these takes that talk about religious motivations when its clearly economic and political.  what aspect of israel's billions of dollars worth of US weaponry and advanced surveillance technology employed in their anti-Palestinian concentration camp is related to Judaism?  none

and how is Palestine's motivation to resist Israel religious rather than, extremely obviously, a fight for survival?

so when i read this take i just think not a word is relevant

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zlemflolia said:

i never get these takes that talk about religious motivations when its clearly economic and political.  what aspect of israel's billions of dollars worth of US weaponry and advanced surveillance technology employed in their anti-Palestinian concentration camp is related to Judaism?  none

and how is Palestine's motivation to resist Israel religious rather than, extremely obviously, a fight for survival?

so when i read this take i just think not a word is relevant

well I'd say you need to look deeper at the human level, to understand the "why" as to what is motivating people to commit these actions. economic and political decisions are made by people. religion is baked into the heads of the leaders that are making these decisions. for me I start with the people to try and make sense of what causes conflict, try and look at what factors could contribute to their behaviors. the Abrahamic religions promote tribalism, and this has an effect of the people making the decisions. 

but I get that this is a hypothetical take, difficult to prove and argue for. I am not anti-religion, only think that what it can do to people often times is more harmful than helpful.

1 minute ago, xox said:

This shit can escalate quickly!

US already bombing sites in syria because syria hit some US bases in Iraq. 

tucker carlson doesn't deserve our time though. he's a turd blossom

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Silent Member said:

Israel cut all telecommunications and internet in Gaza, total blackout, and are now carpet bombing the north and launching relentless airstrikes on the south (where Palestinians were told to flee). 

:catsob: Fuck this cruel world.

Do they really think that the region will just stand and watch them whipping out so many people?! 

3 minutes ago, ignatius said:

US already bombing sites in syria because syria hit some US bases in Iraq. 

tucker carlson doesn't deserve our time though. he's a turd blossom

Im not familiar much with his work but the other guy seemed to have some rational opinions 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zero said:

well I'd say you need to look deeper at the human level, to understand the "why" as to what is motivating people to commit these actions. economic and political decisions are made by people. religion is baked into the heads of the leaders that are making these decisions. for me I start with the people to try and make sense of what causes conflict, try and look at what factors could contribute to their behaviors. the Abrahamic religions promote tribalism, and this has an effect of the people making the decisions. 

but I get that this is a hypothetical take, difficult to prove and argue for. I am not anti-religion, only think that what it can do to people often times is more harmful than helpful.

i guess the economic and political comes first, religion is a thin veneer on top used to subconsciously justify the consciously thought out political economic and warfare plans, and used heavily in state propaganda, both on the part of the US and Israel

Edited by zlemflolia

6 hours ago, xox said:

Do they really think that the region will just stand and watch them whipping out so many people?! 

Im not familiar much with his work but the other guy seemed to have some rational opinions 

a religion cannot stand and watch anything, it's an abstract concept.  as for people.  yes, the people of israel are standing and watching.  but not all of them.  many oppose their own government's actions.  it's the israeli owning class and state that is the problem, not necessarily all of the israeli people

tucker carlson can have rational opinions? lol, he's a fascist. no he does not.

Edited by zlemflolia

11 minutes ago, aderei said:

Up there with the biggest genocides of the 21st century. 

And the west is cheering it on.

"west" is a huge category including all kinds of people.  mainstream media in western countries are cheering it on.  but the people are various, including palestinian refugees and others who are not cheering it on, and they too are located in the west

3 minutes ago, zlemflolia said:

"west" is a huge category including all kinds of people.  mainstream media in western countries are cheering it on.  but the people are various, including palestinian refugees and others who are not cheering it on, and they too are located in the west

The west as in governments. Totally complicit. Will never live this down. Add in a shed load of media to boot. Muddying the waters. Maintaining the narratives etc. Its blindingly obvious. 

Edited by aderei
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, zero said:

the capacity for evildoing is inherent in man and exists beyond religion or any sort of surface-level belief system. it's too easy to whip out the "ahh it's religious nutjobs" argument all the time. religion amplifies the hate factor but it isn't the sole reason for how the conflict arose or why it persists. you can't ignore the history of the region and its peoples, even if you're searching for a single undercutting explanation.

if you did want to explain it as simply as possible, you'd be closer saying something like "western meddling in the region". that's really what it boils down to: the ill-conceived creation of Israel as a western sort of neo-colonialist expansion project, forcibly displacing the local peoples that were living in relative peace before. as well as the subsequent stoking of neverending conflict by providing endless arms, money and political support to this pet state and repeatedly stalling attempts at having it achieve some kind of equilibrium with the region through a viable peace process.

America truly deserves a large chunk of the blame for this shit, like at least 50%. I don't think you guys realise that as you watch the deaths on your screens. if enough of you did, you could enact meaningful change by demanding your leaders take a more balanced and neutral approach to this conflict rather than being partisan, because it's this very being partisan that has led to the deaths you're watching.

7 hours ago, xox said:

consider yourself lucky. he's a useless hack who spun his bullshit on Fox for years and is now doing it independently. there is absolutely nothing to be gained from listening to these types, they will say whatever to drum up viewership and revenue which is the only thing that matters to them. best to ignore them.

Spoiler

or make fun of them

Edited by usagi
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, zlemflolia said:

a religion cannot stand and watch anything, it's an abstract concept.  as for people.  yes, the people of israel are standing and watching.  but not all of them.  many oppose their own government's actions.  it's the israeli owning class and state that is the problem, not necessarily all of the israeli people

tucker carlson can have rational opinions? lol, he's a fascist. no he does not.

😆 i said “region”, not religion

and i said “the other guy”, not tucker carlson

im also dyslexic so i know how you feel 😉

Edited by xox