IGNORED

Israeli-Palestinian conflict

zlemflolia

Matt Frei, who as far as I can tell, is a pretty decent journalist has just sent a report from Tel Aviv saying the beach is packed with Israelis playing volleyball and swimming in the Mediterranean while 38km away he can hear the bombs dropping (which actually can be heard in the background over the radio). Sounds about right. I can actually picture it. Yeah pour yourself a cocktail, celebrate and have some fun while people are getting bombed 🍹 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Matt Frei, who as far as I can tell, is a pretty decent journalist has just sent a report from Tel Aviv saying the beach is packed with Israelis playing volleyball and swimming in the Mediterranean while 38km away he can hear the bombs dropping (which actually can be heard in the background over the radio). Sounds about right. I can actually picture it. Yeah pour yourself a cocktail, celebrate and have some fun while people are getting bombed 🍹 

this was shown on TV last night during the news. not the volleyball but people on the beach getting on w/their lives. 

The thing that is most infuriating beyond the ethnic cleansing and genocide...is that the media is portraying it as a current event and not a continuation or escalation of what's been happening for decades...

If Israelis were concerned with being hated..this will make that just a tad more real all over the world...Nice self fulfilling prophecy there

The hypocrisy and crumbling of trust in western 'democracies' is on full display here...its a farce....can't afford to improve the NHS or invest in U.S infrastructure...but war...no problem...

• Like 3

⬆️ There are a few American former military men who became disillusioned with American foreign policy and are very critical of it, and I too wish ppl here in the US would listen to them. Another one is retired Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson, who was chairman of the joint chiefs of staff under Bush for Powell. He left office when Powell did, had a falling out with Powell, and he later said that the Guantanamo torture scandal was when he saw the writing on the wall. He talks about some of the deaths at American prisons (all around the world) and how they were homicides. Older 'terrorist suspects' who were 'interrogated' at such facilities suffered cardiac arrest during 'interrogations' and died, tortured to death. He now teaches graduate classes at a university in Maryland and also works behind the scenes in DC to advocate for peace. His outlook and analysis are not too far from someone like Noam Chomsky (very critical of US empire), but he has more insider knowledge of the types of dealings which occur in America's capital city and obviously a more clear understanding of the US military. I've watched some of his videos when I was younger and learned a lot and still try to keep up with his interviews and analysis.

For his classes, he basically has his students choose a research question and then pursue it, and he talked before about one of his students who looked into the creation of Israel from a military perspective. The student found through archival research that Truman's advisors considered the creation of Israel "a strategic deficiency" because it would pit the US military against all of the surrounding Muslim countries in perpetuity. Truman was surprised, and basically was like "well, there are more Jewish people than Muslim in New York", and he had democratic votes in mind, trying to secure re-election for his party. All of this a good reminder that historically in America, whatever is happening domestically either determines or directly reflects/reinforces America's choices abroad, especially in the Middle East.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, milkface said:

Documentation of what's been happening in Gaza.

https://www.instagram.com/eye.on.palestine/

page showed up a while ago but now it's blank.. like default instagram logo and nothing else. anyone else have that happen?

edit: nevermind.. it showed up. fckn big sad

Edited by ignatius

This is genocide. Cannot believe this. In plain site. For the world to see. What's the point in even repeating this. 

I watched 2 minutes of sky news and couldn't take the bullshit. Just on another planet. The guardian too terrible coverage. 

• Sad 2

24 minutes ago, aderei said:

This is genocide. Cannot believe this. In plain site. For the world to see. What's the point in even repeating this. 

I watched 2 minutes of sky news and couldn't take the bullshit. Just on another planet. The guardian too terrible coverage. 

finally more protests all over the world supporting palestinians and/or calling for a cease fire etc.

al jazeera live on youtube has more or less continuous coverage w/various breaks and other news stories... it's awful. 

it's beyond frustrating that humanity is still this stupid and violent and deranged. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, xox said:

someone in the us should listen to this man!

you should really vet your sources better. a cursory look at this guy's wikipedia page shows he's fundamentally untrustworthy. I'm not sure how this discussion of the Russia/Ukraine war is relevant itt anyway.

37 minutes ago, Hail Sagan said:

There are hardcore islamists in Dagestan. I suspect these idiots are some of them. 

On the flight from Tel Aviv there were Dagestanis with their children who were undergoing treatment in Israel. In the video, they try to explain this to the rioters who are looking for Jews 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, ignatius said:

There are hardcore islamists in Dagestan. I suspect these idiots are some of them. 

On the flight from Tel Aviv there were Dagestanis with their children who were undergoing treatment in Israel. In the video, they try to explain this to the rioters who are looking for Jews 

All this shit just makes it all worse. Just layers and layers of hate. 

Fucking bullshit medieval death cult vs fucking bullshit archaic death cult that both worship the same fucking stupid voice in the sky but interpret the words slightly differently going to drag us into WW3. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Channel4 news seems balanced enough to me on this horrendous shit

I'm rarely proud of irish political landscape and the bunch of chancers at the top but did feel an inkling of it on their calling out on the Israel geniocidal rampage at the moment, in a sea of european apologists