IGNORED

Israeli-Palestinian conflict

zlemflolia

https://www.crikey.com.au/2023/10/27/gaza-city-hospital-power-loss/

Fuel, needed to run backup hospital generators, remains banned by the Israeli authorities. At any moment now, perhaps even as we write, hospital electricity supplies are going to run out completely. No electricity means a system collapse of catastrophic proportions for those dependent on machines — ventilators for artificial respiration and dialysis machines to treat kidney failure — to sustain their lives. 

There are dozens of babies, children and adults being kept alive by ventilators across Gaza. In Gaza’s neonatal intensive care units, there are 130 fragile newborns weighing less than one kilogram in incubators reliant on electricity. If there is a power outage, all those connected to artificial respiration will face certain death within minutes. They will not be able to breathe without oxygen. They will suffocate. There will be no protection any healthcare worker can offer even for the sickest babies whose lives they could have saved with a steady supply of fuel and water.

(edit: trigger warnings are usually just some zoomer bullshit but one is genuinely warranted here - this video will fuck up your day, proceed with caution)

Edited by usagi
  • Sad 1

Just watched a pretty heartbreaking documentary on Netflix (of all places) called Born in Gaza. It's from the Israeli attacks in 2014, documenting the lives of children in Gaza.

Saw some horrific videos from the ambulance strikes today, and surprise surprise Israel was doing the same shit back then. Bozos claiming Hamas started this conflict on the 7th of October 2023 infuriate me to no end. Fuck. 

Oh yeah this was just going to be a little watchlist recommendation but I guess I got carried away. Sorry.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, xox said:

i heard someone call the hamas attack on israel a genocide. had to explain the difference between massacre and genocide. "no one will call what hamas did a genocide!"   er.. that's because it wasn't. fucking. people. just talking.. saying dumb shit and having no idea about anything. i'm no big brain history nerd but i know some history and try to get a general sense of a thing before i go off having opinions about all kinds of shit. america is full of people informed only by the media and the internet who think they have it right.. think they have it figured out etc.. fucking impossible to get these people to see reality. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

people. just talking.. saying dumb shit and having no idea about anything. i'm no big brain history nerd but i know some history and try to get a general sense of a thing before i go off having opinions about all kinds of shit. america is full of people informed only by the media and the internet who think they have it right.. think they have it figured out etc.. fucking impossible to get these people to see reality.

yD7hjZ.gifCognitive-Dissonance-Meme.jpg

cognitive dissonance is a state of non-equilibrium where the behaviors and attitudes are inconsistent with one another. In simpler terms, when a person engages in a behaviour that does not match their beliefs and moral values, they tend to experience a psychological discomfort which is termed cognitive dissonance (link)

Cognitive-Dissonance.jpg?resize=600,600&1*1OnEML5E5oaaljwbUz4zcA.jpegCognitive-Dissonance-Example.jpg110-cognitive-dissonance.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Heh wow this psychopath is beautiful! He left hamas for a mightier destroyer!
Look how he can’t hide his pride and smirks when he talks about how nobody can stop israel; typical psychopath 

Edited by xox

54 minutes ago, xox said:

Finkelstein great as ever!

oof. that's the point a lot of people have made, in many different ways, about all the things israel does. 

that fucking news guy.. in the middle there.. his name is rick sanchez.. he is from miami and saw his rise from there. that's where he got his start. he's always been an idiot. he once had a car accident after a miami dolphins game when he was drunk (not the first time) and before the police arrived he went home and came back. when they gave him the breathalizer he failed.. he said "i went home and wasn't feeling well so i drank some nyquil"

but he routinely proved to be a bafoonish idiot on local news. it's no wonder he got promoted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xox said:

Such a shame this is on RT because it will get discredited, but Finkelstein spot on. I love when people try and call him out for disliking Jews.

I will always share this video:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, xox said:

this sick fuck with his dumbass argument "it was stolen from jordan, from egypt, not the palestinians" bitch the palestinians live on it.  its not some nation state border dispute its humans and their homes.  smiling bastards, these people are sick in the head

• Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 11:15 AM, ignatius said:

people. just talking.. saying dumb shit

on a personal level, the shitposting around this specific issue has been the final realisation for me of how stupid and vacuous and deserving of scorn American "liberal" celebs are (pretending they're a monolith for a second). I didn't entirely grasp why, outside of comedic purposes, people occupying various positions on the political spectrum (particularly further left) would all unite to shit on celebs when it seemed that a lot of their views were basically ok, in a sort of liberal starter-pack sense. with an issue like this though, the inadequacies become glaringly obvious and it's so clear that their moral character is nothing more than a cardboard cutout animated jerkily in front of a crowd for applause. this seems really obvious to say if you're used to this kind of cultural phenomenon in the States but I'm only just realising this on an instinctive level now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hail Sagan said:

interesting insight regarding the death cult of Hamas and the divide between the Iranian people and government. 

this is bullshit. it should concern you that you haven't seen through it. though this is harder to navigate for people not from the Muslim world, I'll concede.

this is projection and spin by a minority of dogmatic, co-opted (or trying to be co-opted) ex-Muslims living comfortable lives overseas, not representative of Iran or the Muslim world as whole. I know this type of ex-Muslim well. they're desperate to align themselves with the west, mostly out of self-interest. the kind who publish books catering to Islamophobes about their 'journey to enlightenment' and become writers for right-wing media outlets, hoping to be poster kids for the west's cultural superiority. they're not interested in actually bettering the lives of anyone, certainly not the people who are, on an undeniable physical level, still their own blood. rather they whitewash themselves as hard as they can and cheerlead for western causes that will bring them money and attention, eventually getting so good at it that they become indistinguishable from any other right-wing hack. we have a great Iranian example here in Australia - she's quite far along the hack lifecycle, you'll notice.

these types can have some facts correct about extremist/jihadi ideology but the way they employ these facts, their arguments and their overall aim are all fundamentally untrustworthy. the picture amongst ordinary Iranians on this specific issue is certainly more complex: ordinary Iranians, even if they're tired of the pernicious influence of the theocracy on their day to day lives, will still be mostly anti-Israel for cultural reasons if not religious ones.

this is the kind of misrepresentation that you will be fed if you get suckered by the algorithm.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Burger 1
  • Big Brain 1

WHO says 160 children a day are being killed by Israel and that 'nothing justifies the horror being endured by the civilians of Gaza'.

Hang on a minute, you forgot about The Holocaust? You know that thing that justifies everything they do and without any criticism

• Like 2
  • Confused 1