IGNORED

The Exploding Psychology

zlemflolia

I've a few notes on this track:

- When he played it live in 2001 tour he slowed down the end deliciously 

- That end melody would make you cry - squarepusher does melencholy rare but very  very well

- The melody sort of pops out  a little bit in Unreal Square too

- The drums and breaks and are so funky - this track is jam  packed with so many different touches, loops,  breaks etc that each could have its own track.. yet is all so sublimely coherent 

- Id love  a banjo trio reworking of this.. hell id love to see any group of musicians rework it

This is for me the crowning achievement of Tom and one of IDM's best moments. I never tire of it, it's excellently mixed, a balance of detail vs silence, and continuous progression that never feels out of place. How inspired he must have been during the composition. 

I'm partial to this visualization video myself, it's quite demoscene-ey and really visualizes the silent space around the music.

still the best IDM album of all time for me. seared my tiny 14 year old mind into oblivion when i first heard steinbolt. i used to play it on a wee portable speaker in high school cos i thought it made me sound cool as fuck.

3 hours ago, pcock said:

still the best IDM album of all time for me. seared my tiny 14 year old mind into oblivion when i first heard steinbolt. i used to play it on a wee portable speaker in high school cos i thought it made me sound cool as fuck.

steinbolt is on ultravisitor, foo.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2020 at 1:13 AM, yekker said:

steinbolt is on ultravisitor, foo.

oh yeah, what a tard. shows how long i havent listened to squarepusher for.

Just now, pcock said:

oh yeah, what a tard. shows how long i havent listened to squarepusher for.

point still stands though with go plastic, even if i listened to it a few weeks after Ultravistor

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 2:52 AM, President Squidward said:

i don't remember this track since all i go back to are My Red Hot Car and Boneville Occident :trollface:

Those are the standout tracks on GP yeah

Archived