IGNORED

Three new Cylob's tomorrow?

pizza

30 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Maybe it would get more attention if it was in the cylob subforum!

oh wait... lol

Edit: sorry couldn't resist. 

Lol

I think it's because they got released put of nowhere

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry to bump this old thread - but I was interested to see new Cylob after reading on Wikipedia that he had retired due to tinnitus and had read on an old thread of his hearing loss. Were these releases all brand new material? Which meant he overcame the hearing issues?

6 hours ago, Lianne said:

Sorry to bump this old thread - but I was interested to see new Cylob after reading on Wikipedia that he had retired due to tinnitus and had read on an old thread of his hearing loss. Were these releases all brand new material? Which meant he overcame the hearing issues?

The retirement from what I understand is only from playing live shows where the levels and sound quality etc are out of his control and were affecting the tinnitus! I am not sure if he said this in an interview? But as I understand it he’s still good to do studio work.

15 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

The retirement from what I understand is only from playing live shows where the levels and sound quality etc are out of his control and were affecting the tinnitus! I am not sure if he said this in an interview? But as I understand it he’s still good to do studio work.

Thanks for the explanation, Hugh! I know hearing loss / tinnitus affects some musicians who wonder if they can go on. It makes sense he would still be able to work in the studio if the volume can be kept low....

What did you make of the newest albums, by the way?

1 hour ago, Lianne said:

Thanks for the explanation, Hugh! I know hearing loss / tinnitus affects some musicians who wonder if they can go on. It makes sense he would still be able to work in the studio if the volume can be kept low....

What did you make of the newest albums, by the way?

54 minute mirage is one of my favourite releases of his - played it through as recently last week. Have you given it a whirl at all?

One less pitch - I only listened once and it wasn’t my cuppa. Cylob is hit or miss for me, but maybe I’ll revisit it again soon.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

Dealing with tinnitus sucks. I have it as well even though I am only 18 years old. It turns out I have oversensitive ears. I don't blame him for not doing concerts anymore

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thumbass said:

Dealing with tinnitus sucks. I have it as well even though I am only 18 years old. It turns out I have oversensitive ears. I don't blame him for not doing concerts anymore

How do you know the reason u have tinnitus is because you have oversensitive ears?

I really feel like hearing safety should be a subject on school with the prevalence of headphones and  earphones. Cant remember hearing anything about it until it was to late. I got it pretty young as well unfortunately

Edited by Wunderbar

2 minutes ago, Wunderbar said:

How do you know the reason u have tinnitus is because you have oversensitive ears?

Because I have never been to concerts or any loud noise producing event in my life and I got it checked in the hospital

I am able to ignore it pretty easily though because it isn't that loud

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thumbass said:

Because I have never been to concerts or any loud noise producing event in my life and I got it checked in the hospital

I am able to ignore it pretty easily though because it isn't that loud

What range did your hospital test for ? Have you ever tested yourself with some white noise to give some rough hearing range ?

1 minute ago, Wunderbar said:

What range did your hospital test for ? Have you ever tested yourself with some white noise to give some rough hearing range ?

My ears are fine, I don't seem to have any hearing loss as of yet. I have the ear-ringing variant of tinnitus.

1 minute ago, Wunderbar said:

Do different sounds indicate something else ?

I don't know that much about it mate. I literally got this shit checked out last week but it's very difficult to precisely say where it came from.

But I don't really know any better since I've had it for years so it doesn't really bother me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

It’s pretty easy to prevent. Just wear earplugs at shows

It's not easy when your ears can get damaged just by listening to music on a little above average level or in spaces with lots of noise. I already feel pressure on my ears when I talk to people in an enclosed space.

On 5/8/2021 at 9:49 PM, Lianne said:

Sorry to bump this old thread

Don’t be, thanks to you I have new cylob to enjoy!!!

Had no idea this existed!

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 7:20 PM, Wunderbar said:

I really feel like hearing safety should be a subject on school with the prevalence of headphones and  earphones. Cant remember hearing anything about it until it was to late. I got it pretty young as well unfortunately

If you don't mind me asking, how old were you when you got it? And how loud / what kind of tinnitus sound is it?
Don't want to derail the thread, but this is interesting.

On 5/16/2021 at 1:29 AM, Lianne said:

If you don't mind me asking, how old were you when you got it? And how loud / what kind of tinnitus sound is it?
Don't want to derail the thread, but this is interesting.

I got it when i was 18 . I remember getting it when some  fluid behind my eardrum cleared up and a ringing appeared.The sounds i have is some white noise type sound fairly high freq in my right ear, and your typicial ringing sound at the left and right ear  at different freq added to that. It really only bothers me when im trying to sleep and even that im getting at better at dealing with. Probably someday it wont bother me at all anymore. I find it hard to define the loudness of it because that depends on a lot of factors stress etc, but i cant overpower it with fans noise or anything like that. Certain sounds seem to amplify at is aswell like everytime a church bell rings idk what that is about lol.

Edited by Wunderbar
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...