IGNORED

Who is Q-Anon? (it's Ron Watkins) the surprising origin story of the Q scam, and the man who now seems to be in control of it

ignatius

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

dude makes a (very) short documentary about his mother who is a hardcore qanon believer

that new age crap is a gateway 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 4:56 PM, Nebraska said:

mike 'the election was stolen; i swear it was' lindell was almost killed by the government unless he released 'absolute proof'

You may be finished with crack cocaine but crack cocaine is not finished with you.

Edited by xxx
  • Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

9 minutes ago, ignatius said:

facebook should be shutdown or something. taken apart or put someone in charge who's going to tackle problems. zuckerberg sucks. 

i actually disagree. if people just can't stop using facebook, i think they deserve everything that comes with it. how many times have they tried this #deletefacebook thing? there was also that netflix documentary featuring former facebook employees detailing how their entire system is made to manipulate it's users, so at this point, i don't see facebook as the problem, but rather anyone on it.

6 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

i actually disagree. if people just can't stop using facebook, i think they deserve everything that comes with it. how many times have they tried this #deletefacebook thing? there was also that netflix documentary featuring former facebook employees detailing how their entire system is made to manipulate it's users, so at this point, i don't see facebook as the problem, but rather anyone on it.

true.. but at a minimum they should forced to regulate all the shitshow that happens. they just aren't willing to do it. w/o some kind of new tech-regulation bill they will not change ever. also, seems like it'd be fun to make zuckerberg miserable with regulations. 

though i'm sure industry insiders would be brought into congress to help write the regulations which seems typical for everything congress does. 

still.. what a shit show.. it's only going to get worse. 

3 minutes ago, ignatius said:

true.. but at a minimum they should forced to regulate all the shitshow that happens. they just aren't willing to do it. w/o some kind of new tech-regulation bill they will not change ever. also, seems like it'd be fun to make zuckerberg miserable with regulations. 

i understand what you're saying, but this can open up a can of worms, in that either they're playing partisan politics where they're willing to "regulate" one side, and not another (which btw they're already been accused of). another problem is that due to their large user base, it's financially more lucrative to not bother regulating their platform.

imo, the onus is on the users on the platform to force the platform into a compromise either through a large scale migration off their services (tried and failed) or something else. not exactly sure why it's so hard for some as a vast majority of the same users have smart phones where they can maintain contact with the very people they claim to need to follow on facebook.

• Like 1

Governments need to include digital citizenship education in their curricula. My kid in grade 1 is already learning that - what kind of footprint you want to leave online, how to assess sources and identify disinformation/misinformation, etc.

Facebook is a decent tool to stay in touch with friends and have discussions with them, but it's a terrible news source, and Facebook groups need serious governance and oversight updates.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

not exactly sure why it's so hard for some as a vast majority of the same users have smart phones where they can maintain contact with the very people they claim to need to follow on facebook.

because it's a selfie show. people's lives are pretty boring i guess? idk. people don't interact and discuss shit. online is viewed as where things are happening even though it's not actually happening there. so, people want to put their 2 cents all over everything and get sucked up in drama because drama is what's missing from their lives? they're pacified. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

not exactly sure why it's so hard for some as a vast majority of the same users have smart phones where they can maintain contact with the very people they claim to need to follow on facebook.

I mean, the way and types of data that you can share with friends is obviously different through facebook vs smart phones. Facebook is a platform that has a (relatively) standard look and feel vs who knows what type of phones.

Also, I think (and maybe this is just me) that time zones factor in to things. I don't mind texting friends in a relatively similar time zone, but for people across the world, it feels less intrusive to use facebook, especially for conversations on a specific item that are ongoing.

23 minutes ago, ignatius said:

because it's a selfie show. people's lives are pretty boring i guess? idk. people don't interact and discuss shit. online is viewed as where things are happening even though it's not actually happening there. so, people want to put their 2 cents all over everything and get sucked up in drama because drama is what's missing from their lives? they're pacified. 

yes, and which is why I stayed away from FB from day 1. back around 2007, whenever it started its rise to the top, I remember discussing with a friend about how unrealistic it all seemed. nothing but people posting about how much fun they're having, how life is such a blast, yadda yadda, when in reality it's a staged photo op. it made me feel like a loser looking at that shit, like I'm not included in some magical party that is happening somewhere. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2021 at 2:56 PM, zero said:

yes, and which is why I stayed away from FB from day 1. back around 2007, whenever it started its rise to the top, I remember discussing with a friend about how unrealistic it all seemed. nothing but people posting about how much fun they're having, how life is such a blast, yadda yadda, when in reality it's a staged photo op. it made me feel like a loser looking at that shit, like I'm not included in some magical party that is happening somewhere. 

On facebook/insta everyone it seems the thing is to make everyone part of their own little Reality TV show.

Your life becomes a spectacle for your followers. Its kind of really fucked when you think about it.

• Like 2

I remember when covid went down and i was still on facebook and random people would just appear out of no where with the craziest shit imaginable. I wondered wth was happening.

For some of them it was quick, like in one month they completely changed and went with it. 

Very efficient internet Cult. Scary shit.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 3

it must be crazy to be the person who is getting this all going and see people show up and do stupid stuff.  if i set up a webcam in  plaza somewhere and started a site giving out instructions and saw someone show up and do what i said, it would be so mind blowing

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nikisoko said:

it must be crazy to be the person who is getting this all going and see people show up and do stupid stuff.  if i set up a webcam in  plaza somewhere and started a site giving out instructions and saw someone show up and do what i said, it would be so mind blowing

especially if there was a virtual tip jar and you made $$$ and also sold merch. 

• Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 2