IGNORED

Who is Q-Anon? (it's Ron Watkins) the surprising origin story of the Q scam, and the man who now seems to be in control of it

ignatius

i became a patreon of Channel 5 news (all gas no brakes - name changed because of some dispute w/the social media branding company they worked with.. anyway).. they posted a phone interview w/the qanon shaman idiot from jail. that guy is down every rabbit hole that exists in that conspiracy addled hippy delusional bullshit world.. as expected. but it's hard to listen to him talk about it all because it's all just so fucking crazy.. he talks about all the things.. adrenochrome, child sacrifice's for blood orgies and all that shit.. he wants to start his own church when he gets out.. .of course. 

it's nuts. hopefully once it's posted to youtube or wherever, everyone can listen and let the crazy sink in... so, more normies will know the depths of bullshit these people are huffing. it's all just so batshit. 

edit: they posted it to youtube already

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

• 2 weeks later...

that Protzman guy is seriously whacked out of his fuckin mind. can't believe anyone would take any of that seriously. can you imagine having a family member or friend getting brainwashed by all that? it's National Enquirer level BS merged with internet behavior of the 21st century. saw something about him saying Trump is from Jesus bloodline, or is Mussolini's nephew, or some other ridiculous thing. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, zero said:

that Protzman guy is seriously whacked out of his fuckin mind. can't believe anyone would take any of that seriously. can you imagine having a family member or friend getting brainwashed by all that? it's National Enquirer level BS merged with internet behavior of the 21st century. saw something about him saying Trump is from Jesus bloodline, or is Mussolini's nephew, or some other ridiculous thing. 

he's a cult figure now. i've seen some goofy videos of him doing some kind of math with people in a huddle proving this or that and calling certain people blessed but he uses some weird term i can't recall. he's the guy who was getting people to drink some concoction out of a big bowl in dallas while they waited for jfk to return or whatever.  his whole thing is to be cult leader. 

also 

this is nuts. 

Edited by ignatius

9 hours ago, zero said:

Most people who have the letter "Z" in their last name are strange on some level; it's a law of nature.

People who have last names that start with "Z" are extra-weird.

the crap they're coming up these days is sooo amateur hour. bottom of the barrel boomer BS totally lacking in creativity. Elvis? really? like that hasn't already been done to death. c'mon Q guys, at least give us a new one about aliens. aliens are cool. I like them.

3 minutes ago, zero said:

the crap they're coming up these days is sooo amateur hour. bottom of the barrel boomer BS totally lacking in creativity. Elvis? really? like that hasn't already been done to death. c'mon Q guys, at least give us a new one about aliens. aliens are cool. I like them.

it's all so bizarre. pick two deadd famous icons and make them juilan assange's parents.. oh... right "makes total sense" for some reason to these qtards. 

it's just fodder to keep the conspiracy churning along.. little nibbles at the fruit or something. 

like what if they start believing only a lobotomy will save them from the evil dem pedophile George Soros Bill Gates blah blah blah misinformation juggernauts, and they start performing the shit on themselves? sounds insane, but so is just about other piece of garbage that gets trotted out from this "cult."

and I have a hard time rationalizing this is in fact a cult. it's more an offshoot of the MAGA political pushback scene than a more laser focused agenda-minded cult, like B Davidians, Heaven's gate, Manson, etc.  

• Like 1

what are these people going to do when they get to the end of the con? the end of the grift? are their head going to explode spontaneously or will they go bonkers psychotic rage out and commit to violence? 

so, "michael jackson was on the 'good side' and will perform at the trump inauguration because trump saved him and 'got him out'. biden is dead and the  biden president is a fake biden. the real biden was assassinated at GITMO in 2019 because he was a pedophile and the biden family has an island near epstein's island.. so trump is the real president and he also saved JFK"

On 1/29/2022 at 9:26 PM, ignatius said:

what are these people going to do when they get to the end of the con? the end of the grift? are their head going to explode spontaneously or will they go bonkers psychotic rage out and commit to violence? 

so, "michael jackson was on the 'good side' and will perform at the trump inauguration because trump saved him and 'got him out'. biden is dead and the  biden president is a fake biden. the real biden was assassinated at GITMO in 2019 because he was a pedophile and the biden family has an island near epstein's island.. so trump is the real president and he also saved JFK"

These people will need to be deprogrammed, just like other cults. You can see similar effects in Scientology; when the full mythos is revealed to the individual, their instinct can be to lean into the lie even further, they have invested so much of themselves entirely, that they have no identity without the group. They have been isolated from, or rejected by their loved ones and acquaintances, they feel humiliated, taken advantage of, and maybe also angry. No idea how a nation as large as the US undertakes  such a massive effort, without people claiming “mind control” or “re-education” from all sides of the spectrum.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

These people will need to be deprogrammed, just like other cults. You can see similar effects in Scientology; when the full mythos is revealed to the individual, their instinct can be to lean into the lie even further, they have invested so much of themselves entirely, that they have no identity without the group. They have been isolated from, or rejected by their loved ones and acquaintances, they feel humiliated, taken advantage of, and maybe also angry. No idea how a nation as large as the US undertakes  such a massive effort, without people claiming “mind control” or “re-education” from all sides of the spectrum.

Even so, a lot (not all, I'm sure, but probably a LOT) of the people who are this far into it either lack the cognitive skills or have never been taught how to go through life with a properly critical and logical mind.  So if we "deprogram" them from Q without trying to teach them the skills of basic logical reasoning and critical thought, what's going to happen to them?  Will they just fall down the next rabbit hole?  Will they be able to responsibly participate in our political system?

Edited by randomsummer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, randomsummer said:

Even so, a lot (not all, I'm sure, but probably a LOT) of the people who are this far into it either lack the cognitive skills or have never been taught how to go through life with a properly critical and logical mind.  So if we "deprogram" them from Q without trying to teach them the skills of basic logical reasoning and critical thought, what's going to happen to them?  Will they just fall down the next rabbit hole?  Will they be able to responsibly participate in our political system?

Lack of higher education, poverty, regional demographics, religious affiliation, the list goes on and on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Lack of higher education, poverty, regional demographics, religious affiliation, the list goes on and on.

but there are plenty of typical, average 'smart people' who have fallen for conspiracies. people who went to college or have some higher level of training etc..  i think it's sometimes more of a mental illness or personality trait or past experience something that allows someone to get sucked into really crazy shit like this or believe in absurd theories. it's not that they're stupid but perhaps emotionally something is missing and they're filling it with this... and maybe deep down they're right wing racist fascists who want to kill all the gays and jewish people. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, ignatius said:

but there are plenty of typical, average 'smart people' who have fallen for conspiracies. people who went to college or have some higher level of training etc..  i think it's sometimes more of a mental illness or personality trait or past experience something that allows someone to get sucked into really crazy shit like this or believe in absurd theories. it's not that they're stupid but perhaps emotionally something is missing and they're filling it with this... and maybe deep down they're right wing racist fascists who want to kill all the gays and jewish people. 

You'd think working on a as-neutral as possible worldview would be anyone's goal. I no longer have that hope. Maybe the acid fueled introspection afternoons in my late teens or my esoteric parents helped but shit, it's depressing. I still can't fathom how people buy into qAnon :mellow:

• Like 2

I've linked to this study earlier, but it seems people who hold these extremist views might be "metacognitively impaired", meaning they lack the basic ability to objectively judge confidence in their own decisions and beliefs, i.e., they are overconfident in their beliefs and choices even when presented with evidence that their choices were incorrect, even in simple tasks that have nothing to do with politics (estimating the number of dots on a screen).  This deficiency was not found to correlate with intelligence, and it could suggest that some people just lack the ability to objectively judge themselves when making decisions that form their beliefs, and I don't know if that can be fixed.

https://psmag.com/news/the-underlying-psychology-of-political-radicalism

https://www.cell.com/current-biology/fulltext/S0960-9822(18)31420-9

• Like 3

2 hours ago, randomsummer said:

I've linked to this study earlier, but it seems people who hold these extremist views might be "metacognitively impaired", meaning they lack the basic ability to objectively judge confidence in their own decisions and beliefs, i.e., they are overconfident in their beliefs and choices even when presented with evidence that their choices were incorrect, even in simple tasks that have nothing to do with politics (estimating the number of dots on a screen).  This deficiency was not found to correlate with intelligence, and it could suggest that some people just lack the ability to objectively judge themselves when making decisions that form their beliefs, and I don't know if that can be fixed.

https://psmag.com/news/the-underlying-psychology-of-political-radicalism

https://www.cell.com/current-biology/fulltext/S0960-9822(18)31420-9

lol the "metacognitively impaired" tag sounds like scientist speak for what is colloquially known as "giant asshole"

• Burger 1