IGNORED

rob brown - ultra rare unreleased hip-hop mix tapes

playbynumbers

this guy on slsk gave these to me like three years ago ... apparently someone found them lying around at the skam offices. it's five hours of autechre-ized hiphop and rap stuff, all samples but arranged in an extremely interesting way. extremely good! i was wondering if anyone else had these, and if anyone has a tracklisting? ...

Guest elektroplast

No, the mixes were not found lying around the Skam offices. They were given to That Other Site™ member Hanal, who is a friend of the Autechre lads and has done artwork for them and Skam. He then shared the mixes with someone, who in turn shared them with a few more people. One of them put the mixes in his shared folder and they eventually ended up on Soulseek.

They are quite good mixes by the way; sounds like they were made for a laugh basically, but there are some real quality momemts. A bunch of remixed tracks, from old school stuff like KRS-One and Mantronix to Missy Elliot, Wu-Tang and Tortoise.

No, the mixes were not found lying around the Skam offices. They were given to That Other Site™ member Hanal, who is a friend of the Autechre lads and has done artwork for them and Skam. He then shared the mixes with someone, who in turn shared them with a few more people. One of them put the mixes in his shared folder and they eventually ended up on Soulseek.

They are quite good mixes by the way; sounds like they were made for a laugh basically, but there are some real quality momemts. A bunch of remixed tracks, from old school stuff like KRS-One and Mantronix to Missy Elliot, Wu-Tang and Tortoise.

ah there you go! i'd always thought this guy's story sounded kind of fishy ... that's great to finally hear the truth about this. are they already uploaded somewhere, then? i just don't feel like busting out my external HD if i don't have to, it's kind of a pain

uploading these now, i'll send a link to alex pallas once they're done. i also have about 12-15 live shows that aren't in the bootleg section, maybe i'll upload those as well, but it would take a while ...

• 6 years later...

yeah thanks, elusive4 sent me a link had a quick listen through, can't wait to blast it out proper, moving at the mo, nice to hear ae's roots 4 real as before it was just mythical, lol

• 8 months later...

was it really rob behind these? i can't remember what he said in the aaa thread about it

Deepex: Are these your mixtapes I've been rocking, rob? What's the story of their leak? If they're not you, do you know anything about them?

Rob: yep, i don't know how though. i mean i have my suspicions but still no ones owned up.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Alpd5T07zNgAdFZHaEFjOWZTVWN0T0hIUXdMS0dPNVE&usp=sharing#gid=0

was it really rob behind these? i can't remember what he said in the aaa thread about it

Deepex: Are these your mixtapes I've been rocking, rob? What's the story of their leak? If they're not you, do you know anything about them?

Rob: yep, i don't know how though. i mean i have my suspicions but still no ones owned up.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Alpd5T07zNgAdFZHaEFjOWZTVWN0T0hIUXdMS0dPNVE&usp=sharing#gid=0

thnx :beer:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived