IGNORED

Interstellar - Chris Nolan's new film

Rubin Farr

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so michael caine picks some hick farmer to go on the most important endeavor ever to save mankind. right...

so michael caine picks some hick farmer to go on the most important endeavor ever to save mankind. right...

i mean it makes sense if they ask him to plant some seeds in mars.

I'm super sceptical, probably some new agey spiritual nonsense.

i mean it makes sense if they ask him to plant some seeds in mars.

I mean if Matthew is shirtless for half the movie I'm cool I guess.

I guess you didn't pay much attention to the trailer?

it makes very clear mention that he is/was an engineer...

Space theme is back in grandeur movies, it's kinda good thing. Though i didn't particularly liked Gravity, i enjoyed its cinematography and there aren't many places to be a better source for it. I mean 2001 and Alien, that's artificial cinematographic design at its best. In a time when everything's artificially constructed, that's the direction to go. Also it fuels space travel in minds.

oh yes the good old "bring him out of retirement because he was the best at his job" cliche

oh yes the good old "bring him out of retirement because he was the best at his job" cliche

I never said it was good, I just pointed out how he clearly wasn't just "some hick farmer"

I'm getting Contact vibes from this, not a bad thing I guess. Did I see Casey Affleck in there too? He's decent.

The moment in the trailer when you see the ship heading to the wormhole, with the stars turning into a weird spiral, from 1:50 to 2:10... Damn. I saw this on the big screen when i saw Godzilla, and this was very scary. I think this movie may be the first movie to correctly picture this hypothetical travel technique. Before taking your first wormhole fly in the year 2400, when such technique will be mastered, you will be asked to watch this film.

this is one of those movies that makes me go "i really hope i don't die within the next year or so because that would mean i wouldn't get to see it". just like with moon, prometheus and gravity. none of which managed to live up to my expectations but were decent enough anyway. well, two of them. /rant

this is one of those movies that makes me go "i really hope i don't die within the next year or so because that would mean i wouldn't get to see it". just like with moon, prometheus and gravity. none of which managed to live up to my expectations but were decent enough anyway. well, two of them. /rant

but

Christopher Nolan, nuff said.

interested but its Christopher Nolan which means it will be probably look amazing but content wise be a bit crap (my fave film of his is still the remake he did, the one with al pacino).

Lorne Malvo in space

Things are happening to fast this morning.

I can't decide if Billy Bob Thornton is any good in Fargo. He's either pretty good or pretty terrible. Help.

Archived