IGNORED

Aphex Twin: minipops 67 [120.2][source field mix

Joyrex

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it doesn't sound like he changed a lot of it compared to the live versions floating around - i'm really pleased about that. the track has parts where there is breathing space, and not overloaded at any point.

i'm getting a very Come to Daddy vibe off the new track even though in some ways its production is Tuss
reminds me of this but way more polished/intricate (especially the end part of minipops). Has Richard started using his Kyma again? voices sound like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PhGSzTL3AA

Guest capitan mission

yeapppppppphhh finally.
I could tell that this is not fake :)
i like it, had to listen 10 times more to really tell. not like the best on drukqs, but its just one song. very clear sounding, and those freaky voices, like a cross between ween and kraftwerk.

I like that he is doing his thing and not some fucking dubstep trying to keep it "modern". but what is more modern than aphex twin anyway?

long live to the outsiders

it's great, not overwhelmed though but super happy on a big picture state

it's because i've heard it so much on the youtubes, it's hard to hear it with fresh ears

still, great music, not cheap, generous, creative, complex, unique

i'm sure i'll love this more in its album context

it's great, not overwhelmed though but super happy on a big picture state

it's because i've heard it so much on the youtubes, it's hard to hear it with fresh ears

still, great music, not cheap, generous, creative, complex, unique

i'm sure i'll love this more in its album context

This should be a lesson to all of you: don't listen to the youtube gigs! Or at least not 100 times. LOL Imagine hearing Aphex's first album in years only to have a déjà vu feeling. That must suck.

Guest trananhhung

Pitchfork didn't add the track to the section best new tracks. I expect a 6.9 to Syro.

Track is lovely and I really like the fact that it's not modernised with the latest sound design tricks. Groovy acid all over. Yes! The beat work reminds me a lot of the track Do You Know Squarepusher. WHICH IS FINE.

Welcome back, Richard. Welcome.

i'm getting a very Come to Daddy vibe off the new track even though in some ways its production is Tuss

reminds me of this but way more polished/intricate (especially the end part of minipops). Has Richard started using his Kyma again? voices sound like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PhGSzTL3AA

thats the first song it came to my head

minipops is chill

this song gave me all sorts of wonderful, great feels.

not to be a rusing rimmer, but the first coherent stream of words that formed in my center-center-left place of my brain, was 'quite good'

then i got prompted and triggered to post about the quite good incidence here, but then watmm did difficulties, or i did, or whatever happened and i listened to the song again

then i realized living out of time

in of r

asdlkgfxc

';l

jgf

i particularly loved the unfilterd vioce

mind blowing. like a phoenix rising out of the ashes of that god damned bootleg we all listened to a few thousand times. pure class. can feel elements of drukqs, tuss & even atmospheric components stretching back to saw85-92. gonna be a hell of an album. here's to hoping track two is that metz tune.

Archived