IGNORED

New U2 Album Free via itunes!

Guest skibby

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

U2 is total ballz-- BUT, Mysterious Ways is pretty badass. That intro alone, is almst worth all of their subsequent smug and self-righteousness. Almost.

early-to-mid U2 is rad 2 the maxx. That shit gives me joie de vivre up the fucking ying-yang.

*fucks Bono*

lel at this,

i will not spend a minute to click on those tunes/links, never

there are so many great talent to listen and discover, my lifetime wont be enough, U2 is a joke to me

The sheer vitriol this LP launch has wrought across the net is ridiculous. Just erase the damn thing if it bothers you that much and don't even bother attempting to validate your 'underground musical-taste' with a negative post in this thread :p

U2 is total ballz-- BUT, Mysterious Ways is pretty badass. That intro alone, is almst worth all of their subsequent smug and self-righteousness. Almost.

The intro sounds liek something off Eno's 'Nerve Net'. Just like the intro to 'Where the streets have no name' sounds like something off 'Apollo'. Basically all the good bits are Eno.

I love how an attempt by a band of fading glories (in the scheme of things music market wise) to get in touch with a younger demographic, with hopes of probably selling back catalogue through the interest this generated, has resulted in a two pronged credibility staking of said band. Firstly from people trust issue causing people to be irate that that something would download on to their personal device without any permissions being given, this also makes apple itself look bad, next level bad in the context of the recent icloud debacle. Secondly, it is making the band look uncool from all the blowback celebrity anti-endorsement, like the one featured above, so now they go from a band that no young person knew about, to a band that no young person wants to know about. It's classic. Me likey.

U2 + Aphex Twin collab- confirmed!

Joyrex: "You want more imminence?! Well how aboooout THIS." *BAM* Richard D James on stage wearing Bono glasses, announcing new collaboration to end world hunger (with more collab power by Tina Turner, Sting, and Kenny G).

lol, and then humans happened. Is it kids though, or just the old people rebuying shit they had on CD in their younger days. So it'll be a sales spike then taper off into irrelevance (well if you call giant stadium tours to hoards of 40-50 somethings, irrelevance, it's a pretty cash filled irrelevance).

apple now has a website for removing this shit from your iTunes account:

https://buy.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/offerOptOut

lel

Have to say, If I was U2, I'd feel pretty embarrassed if a company I'd jumped into bed with had needed to resort to putting up a support page telling people how to get rid of it. What does it say about U2?

Just imagine the ego-smashing going on right now. It's free and still nobody wants it.

I let out a big WTF! this weekend while I was driving on shuffle and u2 started playing.

I have iCloud music off on my phone so I didn't realize this was possible. THIS right here is a situation of pinnacle toplel

Like you're driving and you feel something and all of a sudden Bono is in your back seat humping your chair

Archived