IGNORED

XMAS_EVET10 (Thanaton3 Mix)

jhonny

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest LoveRhino

So gorgeous. Posted in the wrong thread earlier but I almost miss the people talking. They became part of the song's vernacular for me.

Instant classic. The soundstaging, the space, everything. And then when the breakdown kicks in, and that jesus, that sexy lead at 4:50. It's like it's a tiny bit corny, in the sense that it's a little emotional; and it reminds me of some special kind of 80's melody/sound idk.. But my brain imagined hearing it before it started, which was a very weird feeling.. It jumped up, and I'd already made a space for it. However you explain that?.. Very perceptive composition.

The piano piece is perfect, wish i had heard it live

Well I just played out the album and clicked on here and really agree with you. I've read about it being 'tacked on'. I think it ends the album absolutely perfectly.

The water udu is my favorite part. I could tell there was something unique about that part of the track from the metz recording but couldnt sort it out.

Man, he couldn't have given us just another bar or two of those female vocals right at the end? What a cunt. :aphexsign:

Also can't wait to hear all the EKTers start using tons of dorky percussion in their 10 minute acid tracks. Richard makes it work so well somehow, but I just know it's gonna get aped.

Guest LoveRhino

I have listened to this track (and the rest of the album) around thirty times on all my headphones and on all my shitty home stereos (not yet on vinyl in the lounge) and I am currently listening to it on my Genelec 8030A studio monitors. All I can say is F*CK ME!!!

The water udu is my favorite part. I could tell there was something unique about that part of the track from the metz recording but couldnt sort it out.

yeah definitely, always loved the last 3 minutes, never thought it was a water udu

This is corny but I actually plan on listening to it on Christmas Eve. Supposed to be a happy time of year. this song makes me happy and its very warm so why not. For me this is the synthesized equivalent to sitting by a fire, drinking cocoa.

Guest jasondonervan

This is corny but I actually plan on listening to it on Christmas Eve. Supposed to be a happy time of year. this song makes me happy and its very warm so why not. For me this is the synthesized equivalent to sitting by a fire, drinking cocoa.

holiday2.jpg

Archived