IGNORED

Heidi Lord English Electric WeMe 028

Guest tonfarben

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jasondonervan

2014 has been a great year for new music. Pre-emptively slotting this one into the year end charts already.

Yes! Been expecting this one! WeMe is really spot on these last couple of years.

Another track from the album

Strange. This was originally credited to Jidomatix. I was quite sure that Heidi album would be part of EDM releases as Jodey is putting out a solo album under the EDM flag so why not Heidi too. Will pre-order soonish as it comes also on bloody compact disc, yay! Thanks Heidi!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tonfarben

quoted from the webshop (linked in first post):

"Special limited transparent vinyl - only on this website !! !!PRE-ORDER!! WILL BE READY FOR SHIPPING 03 november 2014 !!"

CD version also, btw.

I also preordered it with some other stuff and I am waiting for it to arrive!

:beer:

quoted from the webshop (linked in first post):

"Special limited transparent vinyl - only on this website !! !!PRE-ORDER!! WILL BE READY FOR SHIPPING 03 november 2014 !!"

CD version also, btw.

I also preordered it with some other stuff and I am waiting for it to arrive!

:beer:

Thanks, almost forgot to pre-order :) wasn't expecting for these to arrive so quick already!

I'm a huge Jodey fan. I'm all up on his cock.

But this round, I'm totally cheerleading for Heidi. AM 11 is fucking fantastic!

Insta ordered new Black Narcissus (no thread yet!?) vinyl as well as Heidi vinyl and CD.

Fucking 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Preview all the tracks here:

http://www.kudosrecords.co.uk/release/WEME028/Heidi_Lord_English_Electric.html

I like the description too:

"Heidi Lord Wife of Rephlex/WeMe artist Jodey Kendrick.
3 of Heidi's tracks are featured on the famous "EDM" Compilation Albums This is the Debut album from Heidi Using a unique pallet of sounds from MRI machines to modular synthersizers to conversations in a super market to her own processed voice Co produced by her Husband "I could describe what the album means to me, But i would much rather leave it to listener to experience and feel and to interpret how they see fit"

The second track is the opening track from that Jodey Kendrick mix, nice! Besides that, it really reminds me of Cosey Fanni Tutti's work. Not only the music, but sampling MRI-machines and modular synths too. Very promising, glad I pre-ordered :)

edit:

Damn, AM10 has the exact same vibes as Hometime by TG (a Cosey solo track). Lovely!

2014 has been a quite good year for new electronic releases.

Think i might wait to see if this gets a digital release though, 10 euro delivery from weme is a bit steep

This is the only reason I keep WEME orders to a minimum. Their service is great (Fred is super helpful), love the packaging, love the coloured vinyls, etc.

They've always gotten my order right and they pack their vinyl nicely....

but the damn delivery costs are out of this world. It usually doubles the cost of my order.... =(

Belgium is unfortunately one of those countries where shipping costs are just through the roof. I've experienced the same with orders from Finland. I think the only thing you can do as a company is lower the prices of your product, and I have to say that WeMe does an amazing job in that. When they release something new I always order some older releases with it that are between 2 and 5 eu, which is really nothing given the quality. Even the new ones are relatively cheap, just to compensate for the shipping it seems (Southern Lord in US did the same before they had a European office).

But honestly, 10 euro for shipping costs is not that much, and isn't it registered too? Normal price for registered shipping in the Netherlands is around €7,-, which is pretty fair. The only thing I can recommend is getting some more albums next to it so it's more worth it. They have enough wicked stuff so that shouldn't be hard :)

(and it's still better than Blerp who are still incapable of processing pre-orders and in stock items in one batch)

(and it's still better than Blerp who are still incapable of processing pre-orders and in stock items in one batch)

AND every order I get through blerp has a damaged sleeve.

This is why, with the exception of Syro, I no longer order from them. Sleeve's always damaged, and no more swag.

Guest cult fiction

yay for more db glitch.vst trax

Jodey uses the same technique as Richard did on Druqks, slice up a drum loop, apply a bunch of FX offline like comb filters/reverb/etc., load it up into a sampler and go to town... afaik he also uses a mac, so uh no?

Archived