IGNORED

Kerrier District 4

Bubba69

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just received the shirt + CD. Luckily I ordered my shirt one size larger, fits perfectly now.

Still bummed out about the price of the vinyl, less tracks for three times the price is not a good deal. So yeah, very happy with the CD.

Also: Live Disco is the absolute highlight for me atm, first it was Sexspurt but the recording of this (all live?) just sounds fucking incredibly lush. I really hope he'll do more things like this in the future!

Re: Vibert vinyl vs. CD

Vibert got me started collecting vinyl back when the eps that eventually became compiled into Lover's Acid were released on vinyl only. I didn't have the means to play vinyl at the time, but I knew I needed those. I've since collected over 400 records including the largest Vibert collection I'm personally aware of. I suppose the man himself might have a better collection, but I'd be surprised (and impressed!) to find another collection as entire as mine apart from a visit to Luke's house. So, in short, no chance I'm buying Vibert stuff on CD (a format I abandoned a decade ago), despite my two favorite songs being omitted from the vinyl. Luckily, thanks to the internet, I get to enjoy those too.

Re: Vibert vinyl vs. CD

Vibert got me started collecting vinyl back when the eps that eventually became compiled into Lover's Acid were released on vinyl only. I didn't have the means to play vinyl at the time, but I knew I needed those. I've since collected over 400 records including the largest Vibert collection I'm personally aware of. I suppose the man himself might have a better collection, but I'd be surprised (and impressed!) to find another collection as entire as mine apart from a visit to Luke's house. So, in short, no chance I'm buying Vibert stuff on CD (a format I abandoned a decade ago), despite my two favorite songs being omitted from the vinyl. Luckily, thanks to the internet, I get to enjoy those too.

Sounds mighty impressive. Would like to see a pic of that collection :)!

It was the other way around for me, I started with buying CD's until I decided to also start collecting Aphex's stuff on vinyl, so I already had quite a few Vibert CD's before getting his records, and have no problem still buying them as I still use CD's. I have way more Vibert on vinyl than CD's nowadays though, and I'd love to have that KD4 on vinyl. Still, I couldn't justify it in this case, as explained above + $$$.

can't get over the tracks It's the Disco (that slow synth lead!!), Sexspurt (that bassline!!), and Come on Kerrier (like a disco yosepH track!!). every track is great though, groovy people really can't lose with this album

My Vibert collection is far from complete but it's pretty substantial! I probably have ~70% of his releases on vinyl. Luke really does sound best on wax.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Cederz

My first post on here...so, hello everyone!

Really pleased to see so much love for Luke on this thread....someone commented on how this album should be more largely received, and I couldn't agree more. But tbh i'm just happy to be involved in these projects. As a huge fan of Luke's many aliases over the years, it's been an honour to put out these last 2 albums of his on Hypercolour. We're truly stoked.

The albums price, well it's 3xLP, manufacturing records these days isn't cheap, I think that's a fair price to pay for a masterpiece? The tees were taken on by Bleep as a support for the album, only 50 were made so it was really just to help with the marketing of the record.

Bit of news for you also, we're going to re-issue the first album that was on Rephlex (hopefully), Luke's just trying to find the original pre-masters so we can get some fresh masters cut. Also, a masterpiece, it's stood the test of time and many peeps out there need it brought to their attention, and yes, i'm also rooting about to see what this Wagon Christ stuff that nobody apparently wants is saying!!...no doubt, amazing...so watch this space.

Also worth mentioning, later this year...new DMX Krew LP and Roman Fluegel 2x12 dropping on Hypercolour later this year..

Lastly, i'm a bit of a lurker! and generally quite busy, but will try to contribute as much as i possibly can to the forum!

Peace

: )

Really pleased to see so much love for Luke on this thread....someone commented on how this album should be more largely received, and I couldn't agree more. But tbh i'm just happy to be involved in these projects. As a huge fan of Luke's many aliases over the years, it's been an honour to put out these last 2 albums of his on Hypercolour. We're truly stoked.

The albums price, well it's 3xLP, manufacturing records these days isn't cheap, I think that's a fair price to pay for a masterpiece? The tees were taken on by Bleep as a support for the album, only 50 were made so it was really just to help with the marketing of the record.

Bit of news for you also, we're going to re-issue the first album that was on Rephlex (hopefully), Luke's just trying to find the original pre-masters so we can get some fresh masters cut. Also, a masterpiece, it's stood the test of time and many peeps out there need it brought to their attention, and yes, i'm also rooting about to see what this Wagon Christ stuff that nobody apparently wants is saying!!...no doubt, amazing...so watch this space.

Also worth mentioning, later this year...new DMX Krew LP and Roman Fluegel 2x12 dropping on Hypercolour later this year..

Lastly, i'm a bit of a lurker! and generally quite busy, but will try to contribute as much as i possibly can to the forum!

Peace

Welcome, thanks for chiming in! And thank you for bringing out his music, they are all top notch releases.

You've got a point about the price, fair enough. Like I mentioned above, I just couldn't justify it for myself for various reasons, I still might pick it up later as the tracks are brilliant. Good to hear KD1 is possibly getting a reissue, that one deserves to be available for everyone. That said, dare I ask, are you willing to consider KD3 too? I know that's on quite a few wanted lists :) (+ http://forum.watmm.com/topic/86718-general-petition-for-kerrier-district-3-repress/ )

Peace

That said, dare I ask, are you willing to consider KD3 too? I know that's on quite a few wanted lists :) (+ http://forum.watmm.com/topic/86718-general-petition-for-kerrier-district-3-repress/ )

Yes Please!!!

Edit: Probably a different rights issue. KD3 was released on soundofspeed whereas 1 and 2 were rephlex.

Peace

Nice one, proper tunes. The record was a fair enough price, the tee not so much.

But keep bringin' out the tunes, we love it.

Peace

Wagon Christ, you say?

Feel free to make a t-shirt deal with that one too =)

<3

Awesome, I don't own it so would love a reissue.

Guest Cederz

Thanks all!

Yes KD3 is soundofspeed from Japan, speaking to Hiro who runs the label. The track 'Dick' has a Salsoul sample in it, and they are on top of things when it comes to people 'sampling their shit' - so it's looking unlikely that this will ever get a repress. Salsoul will take him to the cleaners. That said, maybe there's a deal to be had with Salsoul? I haven't yet explored that avenue, but I will look into it. I don't own that record personally, the only KD one I don't own, so i'd love a reissue/ repress.

Keep ya posted.

On another note, Luke's turned in an amazing remix of this classic for me -

Which will go out later this year on my Sneaker Social Club label, and obviously i'm biased...but for me this is the best remix he's done since that Jamie Lidell 'A Little Bit More'

I'll whack up some samples as soon as it's mastered.

• 3 weeks later...

^ Thanks for the insider insight re: KD3 - I'd been holding my breath that somehow it'd see a digital release but seeing the impossibility will exhale now.

Dick is such a monster track btw

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived