IGNORED

does anyone here give two fucks about /mu/'s opinions on electronic music

PhylumZunami

750.jpg?3376

i don't feel safe on there

when i read "windowlicker is aphex at his shittiest" as a general opinion i just wanna hurt myself like put a razor to my wrist and die!

i think he's talking about reddit? I think there are people out there who go on reddit so much that they forget that a lot of people don't give a fuck about it or never go there (for hardcore reddit users reddit defines the entire internet seemingly).

/mu has provided somewhat nice charts for a lot of topical genres (vaporwave, witch house, plebhouse) for newbies but that's about it, I think it's mostly superficial crap for people who think death grips is genius because they just stumbled into indie/underground music, and a waste of time as it's not as community driven or niche oriented as forums like this

reddit music forums haven't impressed me much, AMAs are cool but for the most part reddit is good for subs like dad jokes or wtf images and stuff like that

the reddit vaporwave and cassetteculture pages are ok but like any reddit page there's always spam or kids posting the same crap over and over again...thank god for the up and downvotes in that case

/mu has provided somewhat nice charts for a lot of topical genres (vaporwave, witch house, plebhouse) for newbies but that's about it, I think it's mostly superficial crap for people who think death grips is genius because they just stumbled into indie/underground music, and a waste of time as it's not as community driven or niche oriented as forums like this

reddit music forums haven't impressed me much, AMAs are cool but for the most part reddit is good for subs like dad jokes or wtf images and stuff like that

the reddit vaporwave and cassetteculture pages are ok but like any reddit page there's always spam or kids posting the same crap over and over again...thank god for the up and downvotes in that case

blackpeopltwitter is the shit

I find the anonymous aspect of 4chan in general interesting, mainly because people will be more honest/blunt about their opinions when there's no identity attached. Couldn't give two shits about anyones opinion about anything on there, though.

Fucking hate /mu/ but they do hold a special place in my heart cuz I was introduced to all the WATMM featured artists through /mu/ when i browsed as a teenager.

/mu/ is essentially bad discussions of good music

Fucking hate /mu/ but they do hold a special place in my heart cuz I was introduced to all the WATMM featured artists through /mu/ when i browsed as a teenager.

/mu/ is essentially bad discussions of good music

Yeah, I have to appreciate /mu/ for being my introduction to a LOT of music that I now love. Honestly, sometimes there were some threads with really good discussion but those happen once every blue moon, if even that.

absolutely not... /mu/ has pretty shit taste in a lot of things overall, especially electronic and hip-hop. all the /bleep/ threads tend to just ramble over stupid edm bullshit or generic house. /mu/ is pretty terrible for actual music discussion, like most of 4chan all it's really good for is the occasional laugh while sifting through tons of trolls.

despite that, i still browse it on occasion.

The /prod/ threads were pretty great at their peak (start of this year). Lots of tape enthusiasts, a lot of great advice from skilled professionals, there were even a few guys with their own SSL desks and setups that rival the stuff you see on VintageSynthExplorer. The "no soundcloud" rule and anonymity lead to an honest and helpful atmosphere. I had a catalog search bookmarked so I wouldn't have to bother with the other crap. Seems like it's dead now or a shadow of its former self, but I'd like to see the idea again sometime, maybe somewhere else. No postcounts, no follower-chasing, just anonymous clyp WIPs and real talk.

/mu/ suffers from severe groupthink like most other popular boards on 4chan, I stopped browsing it a while back. they're far too obsessed with image and being "in". I know the anonymous aspect means people are more likely to be blunt with their opinions but it mostly turns the negative voices being the loudest, which causes any topic of conversation which diverges from the acceptable criteria to be overrun with detriment and garbage. I used to browse /v/ a lot too but gave up on it for the same reason.

it's great for people at a very specific point in their lives, I guess.

Archived