IGNORED

Nuron/Fugue - Likemind 06 (remastered 2x12")

dcom

Cleared Finnish customs, had to declare, but when the value of the item is under 22 € or the item's VAT would be under 5 €, nothing needs to be paid - the record cost 21,99 €. Now it's the postal service's turn to deliver. When? WHEN?  W H E N

11 minutes ago, dcom said:

Cleared Finnish customs, had to declare, but when the value of the item is under 22 € or the item's VAT would be under 5 €, nothing needs to be paid - the record cost 21,99 €. Now it's the postal service's turn to deliver. When? WHEN?  W H E N

21.99? Whadabout shipping? 

I also bought Burial Untrue (all tracks edition), and for those two records i had to pay additional 19 euros for taxes/customs ?

46 minutes ago, xox said:

Whadabout shipping? 

It's relevant only if the actual item's value goes over 22 €, in this case postage was 7,80 €, making the total 29,79 €. Here's a screenshot of the Finnish Customs' calculator with the details (click to enlarge). If the record would've cost 0,02 € more, I would've had to pay a 24 % VAT of 7,15 € (for record and shipping combined). Customs duty is carried only if the item's value exceeds 150 €, and it's dependent on the type of goods declared; vinyl records are exempt, as are most other things I usually get (books, comics, board games).

Nuron_Finnish_Customs.thumb.PNG.8725578da01c2e12c7a7bfdbed1079ab.PNG

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, dcom said:

21.99? Whadabout shipping? 

I also bought Burial Untrue (all tracks edition), and for those two records i had to pay additional 19 euros for taxes/customs ?

On 5/11/2021 at 10:39 AM, xox said:

But nevertheless, beautiful stuff! Had to order doubles of everything Nuron (this Likemind and both La sources); i need to have this secured! 

I went through the trouble of getting a duplicate of this and for La Sources, all available editions on vinyl (black, clear, magenta for #1, black and red for #2) and of course digital as well. Waiting for the digital of Nuron/Fugue...

• Burger 1

55 minutes ago, dcom said:

I went through the trouble of getting a duplicate of this and for La Sources, all available editions on vinyl (black, clear, magenta for #1, black and red for #2) and of course digital as well. Waiting for the digital of Nuron/Fugue...

lol you're worse than me ? i 'only' have 2x black likemind 06, la source 01 1x black and 1x clear and la source 02 1x black, 1x red ?

Ermahgerd_Gay_Girl.jpg

I get to hear Contrapoint and Interlagos for the first time with zero wobble from the off-center pressing. I've waited 27 years for it.

Edited by dcom

11 hours ago, dcom said:

La source #2 clear vinyl coming up later on as well ...

37 minutes ago, Detuned said:

You're bankrupting me.

Spoiler

I love it, keep 'em coming.

Edited by dcom

On 5/16/2021 at 10:37 AM, Detuned said:

Any plans for colored or clear Likemind 06? ?

1 minute ago, realthanks said:

electro-soma I and II!

My brain parsed that as Electro-Soma I and III, and the thought of a third full album of previously unreleased outtakes was real for some fractions of a second, I got a flush of adrenaline and then... no.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 3:00 PM, xox said:

Any plans for colored or clear Likemind 06? ?

no plans to. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hayhook said:

waiting for mine to clear customs. so psyched to get this.

Mine was finally delivered to my local post office, will pickup after work. Excited.

I've waited 27 years to hear Fugue's Contrapoint and Interlagos from vinyl without the pitch wobble due to the off-centre pressing of LM-02. The mastering is sublime on the whole set of tracks and the pressing is top shelf. I'm glad I ordered another copy.

• Like 3

On 5/17/2021 at 1:07 PM, dcom said:

My brain parsed that as Electro-Soma I and III, and the thought of a third full album of previously unreleased outtakes was real for some fractions of a second, I got a flush of adrenaline and then... no.

lol exactly the same response.  Electro-soma III? what is this madness? Alas alack, poor dcom, I knew him...

• Like 1

On 2/17/2021 at 3:03 AM, realthanks said:

holy crap! yes!! 

time to binge all of paul's ambient techno mixes on soundcloud to prepare for this ?

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/RZBVq

Man realthanks to @realthanks. Had no idea these mixes existed - listened to them all day while i was "working".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been going through Nuron's tracks and after this compilation gets a digital release, the only tracks not available in digital (as files) are

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really can't get over the fact that all of Nuron's released material is consistently so good that it almost hurts. That is how you do quality over quantity, although it would be interesting to know how much work each track has required and if there's a pool of unreleased or incomplete tracks he has composed. Nurmad Jusat is such an elusive figure that it just increases my curiosity.

• Like 1