IGNORED

Post your music related tattoos

Himelstein

I searched the forum and couldn’t really find anything, so here goes- I’ll start. Also feel free to post any other cool tattoos you have!

The midi one is mine- it’s actually a photo from the tattoo shop a few years ago, when I had it done. The Casio vl is from another member of our band.

AA559BAE-272B-4FAA-8253-F63A6DD558D6.jpeg

E08A2AD5-0FFB-4583-9D4A-1DEF95685414.jpeg

• Like 1

Mr. Geissen: You want to be called 'Ice', why 'Ice'?

Mr. Ice: That's right, because it's my name which I actually use now. (cut) Because Mr. Cool always somehow seemed very… cool to me and since I dig Vanilla Ice I added the 'Ice'.

• Haha 1

Shit, I totally forgot about this one- it’s from “seashell” by Skylab, and Howie B sampled Rod McKuen- the poet- whom I had unintentionally also sampled a long time ago, not knowing he did (totally different sample and record tho). I guess probably a lot of people sampled McKuen, but I felt even more attached to the phrase after that.

For my wife and I, “seashell” has always been “our song” since the late 90s, plus we go on vacations to beaches all the time, etc. So, being sentimental to us we both got these- hers is the continuation of the sample (the other phrase “down the sea and back”) that is later in the track and it’s on her hip/lower back.

If you have never heard that song- check it out, I first heard it on “the trip hop test” which is an amazing compilation with people like underworld going by pseudonyms and whatnot. Maybe you all already know about it, haha, anyways-

1F81467D-A843-450A-9B33-203F79C25257.jpeg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

https://forum.watmm.com/uploads/monthly_11_2008/post-106-1225750924.png

That snake is pretty fucking cool, as well! How did those ones inside the elbow feel? That seems like a crazy sensitive area, but I do plan on getting some there.

33 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

https://forum.watmm.com/uploads/monthly_11_2008/post-106-1225750924.png

Is not that a fake one that have been spread around here on watmm for ages? 

Edited by cern
  • Big Brain 1

10 minutes ago, cern said:

Is not that a fake one that have been spread around here on watmm for ages? 

Hahahahaha, oh, I didn’t know

1 hour ago, cern said:

So many people including all my friends always want to go for the cheapest tattoo studio and the tattoo always gets shitty as fuck.

Years ago a friend of my roommate was getting her tattoo certification, and because of that there was an open offer for free tattoos to anyone who wanted one but they had to be from the standard set of designs her school required her to use during training.  So that year a bunch of people I knew went in and since all of the designs were really obvious stuff anyway they usually went for the tackiest one they could find.  Lots of Tazmanian Devils and stuff.

thought about getting a tattoo of john belushi in a toga costume dumping mustard on his chest on my chest.. it's sort of music related. anyway i didn't do it.  

hqdefault.jpg

• Big Brain 1