IGNORED

Exorcist II: The Heretic is the best Exorcist Movie

BCM

i remember liking it, but it is a bit ridiculous (but i mean also of course it is, it's a film about possession by demons so, ya know)

looking at a couple clips on YT i think the music was pretty strong too

• Like 1

I remember watching it as a teen and thinking it was really silly, haven't looked back. I watched all of the tv-series, I didn't fully hate it.

Exorcist III is amazing.

But we wouldn't have gotten that if William Peter Blatty hadn't been so angry about Exorcist II that he wrote a novel AND wrote a screenplay based on that novel AND directed the film of the screenplay, all specifically to retcon the second one out of existence.

The second one is great too, though.

• Like 3

I love the music in all the old horror movies. Especially by the band Goblin. Also the soundtrack to Troll is great- and it’s got Elaine and her real life husband in it, hahah.

But yeah.... Mike Oldfield.

Edited by Himelstein

Up until somewhere int he 80s when horror went mainstream, it (and to a somewhat lesser degree sci-fi) was the only film genre that had really cutting edge soundtracks.  The general rule of thumb is that film score is extremely conservative and typically lags 20-30 years behind (like, this is widely accepted enough that they literally taught us this in one of my film scoring courses in college), but for a while there horror was a rare exception.

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre soundtrack, which is all musique concrete made from nothing but tape-manipulated recordings of chainsaws, is a great example of that.

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...