IGNORED

Ignore Topics Function

Joyrex

Would You See Value In/Use An Ignore Topics Feature?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Ignore Topics Feature

• Yes
    • No
    • Other - See My Post in the Thread

So @toaoaoad asked if we have an ignore topics feature similar to the ignore user feature, and turns out there is an addon for doing just that - users would be able to select (and manage) topics they wish to ignore and would not show up in searches or in their Activity Stream.

Topics would get an IGNORED badge, or we could have them hidden from view, only viewable from the user's Account settings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think it's a good idea but didn't vote so Im neutral. At least anyone should have the possibility to filter desired info, maybe that's a way to avoid general topics over musical ones. Even I can understand these tendencies and discussions are you know, urgent...

It's like news and media, who decides what is a notice or not? I defend a freedom of choice at this point, but remember that we are the music makers, a sonic paraphernalia on this teathrical world so just be kind and go with the flow.

On 5/10/2021 at 11:40 AM, Joyrex said:

Topics would get an IGNORED badge, or we could have them hidden from view, only viewable from the user's Account settings.

For the record I think the latter option is much better/makes more sense 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 2:53 AM, toaoaoad said:

For the record I think the latter option is much better/makes more sense 

Agreed - the whole point (I think) of ignoring something is not to see or be aware of it.

• Like 2
  • Big Brain 1

Okay, enough people think this is a good idea, so it's now installed - you should see an Ignore this topic button:

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 2.49.03 PM.png

Then, in Account Settings you can manage your ignored topics:

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 2.52.17 PM.png

• Thanks 2

I think it's fine to have that option.

that said, I won't use it because sometimes it's interesting to see what people around the world (say, to the watmm scale) are interested in

I mean, sometimes when I see that a lot of people feed comments in a topic,  it will throw me in reading a topic I won't bother to at first, but in the end I would learn a bit about something, or at least have insights about how people (out of my usual network) think about some facts, and it's rewarding most of the time . that's why I'm around watmm quite often, even if my first interest out of it was talking about electronic  music and discovering new music stuff. this have been beyond that now for me.

Not shure if my english will translate correctly about that, well I mean watmm is a nice place for rising my mind ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, neurone said:

I think it's fine to have that option.

that said, I won't use it because sometimes it's interesting to see what people around the world (say, to the watmm scale) are interested in

I mean, sometimes when I see that a lot of people feed comments in a topic,  it will throw me in reading a topic I won't bother to at first, but in the end I would learn a bit about something, or at least have insights about how people (out of my usual network) think about some facts, and it's rewarding most of the time . that's why I'm around watmm quite often, even if my first interest out of it was talking about electronic  music and discovering new music stuff. this have been beyond that now for me.

Not shure if my english will translate correctly about that, well I mean watmm is a nice place for rising my mind ?

Agreed - it is also useful for those though who may not want to see topics that are offensive to them or they do not agree with and would rather avoid.

lol I put this thread on ignore but I still got JR's laughing reaction notification and I appear to be posting in it again... but it's still supposedly on ignore.  There may be a bug.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Farnsworth 1

I'm guessing that if you've already posted in a thread and then put it on ignore then you'll continue to get notifications about reactions (or possibly quotes? testing this now by replying with a quote).  So I guess the ignore function would have to override the notification function somehow. This seems possible when ignoring users (I'm pretty sure I don't get notifications when an ignored user reacts to or quotes my post).

11 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Got toa's reaction notification too.  This ignore thing really isn't working out.

Edited by toaoaoad

5 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

lol, "toa". it's toad you fucking noob

I refuse to acknowledge anything past the first three letters of any username.  If you can't sum up your name within that space, I'm not wasting my time reading it through to completion, bri.

Also, how can I put this thread on ignore?

• Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1