IGNORED

Favourite Biosphere album

I'm currently listening to Microgravity. The "reissue with bonus album" edition. And I'm wondering what you guys' (inclusive for all genders and sexes!) favourite Biosphere album is.

Mine is probably either Microgravity or Patashnik. Never been properly grabbed by his more concept/ambient releases. So I might be missing out massively. And, to be fair, if you're into 90s artificial intelligence IDM, both of these are rather obvious choices. A bit too obvious perhaps. Because the period and style are pretty on the nose.

If you also love his older albums, leave a shout. And more importantly, add suggestions for the people who got their head stuck in the early 90s ('90-'95).

Btw, I love his combination of samples, melodies and rhythms from that early period. He does stand out from the rest of the pack, imo. Although, admittedly, it's very much music from that 90s artificial intelligence/ IDM period. And the juxtaposition of fast beats and spacious ambient on a track like SETI project rubs me in all the right places..

• Like 3

Yes this topic has been up alot before and there is only one and it is amazing: 

Substrata 

So strange that Pitchfork didn't list it higher up in their "Best Ambient Albums of all time"
For me it is a easy top 10 maybe even top 5. 

Microgravity is a total different album but good for being early 90's techno kinda vibe 

• Like 3

Substrata, yup. Although the run from Substrata through to Dropsonde is pretty great. That said, the only album of his I'm not fond of is N-Plants.

Anyone after more recent releases like his first couple, I'd definitely recommend last year's Shortwave Memories.

And of course Fires of Ork I, his first collab with Pete Namlook, is very Microgravity-esque. The second volume is closer to the jazzier bits of Substrata / Cirque.

• Like 2