IGNORED

Biosphere - Inland Delta (BIO39LP)

kichiguy

spacer.png

BIO39LP,2xLP. Limited information for now.

Out on Nov. 24th. 2023

From Rough Trade: Inland Delta contains nine new musical pieces recorded from 2022 to 2023, featuring mainly improvised performances on newly restored vintage keyboards.

Edited by kichiguy
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Not too heavily into this on first listen. Let's wait and see what the rest of the album sounds like. Biosphere is always hit or miss for me even though I know he's very good at what he does, but that could maybe also be because I have to be in a very specific mood to muster up the will to listen to ambient music.

1 hour ago, blantchot1 said:

excellent ambient destroyed by a bitter and boring piano

Conversely I thought the piano absolutely enriched the ambient drones. Reminded me of the Fennesz/Sakamoto collabs

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are some nice bits, but the description of it being some improvs on old keyboards is very, very apt. Any of these tracks would be fine on an album, but as a whole album it's very lacking.

That said, I appreciate Geir's thing of each album taking a different approach, some being denser and more composed, some being stripped back and spontaneous. He remains interesting. But I doubt I'll be buying this particular one.

• Like 4

I'm quite liking it in places but yeah it's a bit of a step down from Shortwave Memories. The tracks are pretty variable and there's a couple of flat out duffers in there, cut it down a bit and it's a pretty good EP I guess.

This an OPN's new album have been two of the biggest disappointments this year. They're not bad but they both have a lot of jumbled ideas that do not work very well, IMO.

8 hours ago, fumi said:

This an OPN's new album have been two of the biggest disappointments this year. They're not bad but they both have a lot of jumbled ideas that do not work very well, IMO.

Unfortunately I have to agree.