IGNORED

AE Live 2023

Iwanttobefree

7 hours ago, ignatius said:

fckn hell. wish i was there for this.  fingers crossed the recording turned out alright.  roean pls

Rob: fokkin'ell mate, that was wild, if I say so myself.

Sean: yeh, it really was. Nice that it turned out this good, specially since we agreed to never ever -éver- do this set again.

Rob: absolutely, this down right depleted me! Back to the good old 'a' sets from now on, ey? Btw, I purged my 'b' files just now.

Sean: same. Started purging during the set. Soz to leave that ending to you, maet.

Rob: 's alright, think it amused the crowd. Oh, you did press 'record', right?

Sean: ...

• Haha 10

On 10/31/2023 at 9:35 AM, kausto said:

There is one more

which is this i guess:

amazing

Yup, that's it! By Trance build-up thing, I didn't mean something like arpeggios, it wasn't an aesthetical observation, but one about the logics of it. The way these long epic notes came up, it felt so much like a drop was coming. It didn't sound like Trance, it just was a section that worked within the logic of these build-up / drop stunts if that makes sense.

Genuinely amazed to see how hard it is to capture their pristine live sound, that really hit me when I'd listened to the bootlegs from last year and then comparing them to the soundboards.

On 10/31/2023 at 9:42 AM, kausto said:

Btw it reminds me of Oversteps Tour beats somehow

Never thought of that but this really makes sense yeah.

• Like 2

Dublin gig was the best i've ever seen them. I never thought a gig in ? 07 in Manchester could be topped: that was a crazy slabs of extreme-noise mosh pit rave but this was even better...maybe becos i was happily expecting a kind of NCH style ambient type set. The beats were so intense...it was so fkn ravey! I particularly loved what sounded like long swirling samples of reversed hip hop sitting in behind sections...the jungle (it felt like anyway) parts...the mad crowd cheering and whooping and just the joy in the air...the knowledge that they are on the top of their game...on top of THE GAME.

Went to Index after for the Robert Hood gig (Americhord was incredible = she's playing in Berghain next!) but apart from her set, i was just walking around stunned by Autechre...ecstatic.

Droid's interview! I was so primed after reading it... Thanks so much for that.

Thanks so much to Sean and Rob! Life AFFIRMED!

• Like 7

Damn I missed the index sets - had tickets but wasn't arsed after a 3hr drive to Dublin and catchup with mates. 

From the opening ambient few mins to the quick beats drop, the scratch track and getting lost in the swirling treackly soundscapes then the - gonna say it squarepusher-style ending .. fucking hell

• Like 2

We didn't go to Index, either. There was nothing to add to the Ae gig. Can't believe I didn't buy a shirt... Looked at them before the gig but didn't really dig the design (I really don't like backprints). But of course, after the gig I wanted one but they were sold out🥴  @droid Loved your interview btw! Really seems like Dublin gets Ae right, and vice versa. People were really into it, everyone understood that this is club music and not an academic exercise. Nobody in the audience competed for coolness, unlike all the Berlin gigs I'd been to before. Can't wait for the soundboards!

Edited by BlockUser
  • Like 4

Yeah the tshirt had the blue and turquoise circle design from original gig ad, wiith autechre.live.twentytwentythree written on the back in the same font as used in the new French and Spanish gig ads for next year

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2023 at 3:39 PM, Mattthegoone said:

Yeah the tshirt had the blue and turquoise circle design from original gig ad, wiith autechre.live.twentytwentythree written on the back in the same font as used in the new French and Spanish gig ads for next year

The backprint was the reason I didn't get one right away. Only after the gig was I hyped enough, but they were sold out then. And only days later did I realise that it would simply have been a nice souvenir from a very nice trip.

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2023 at 9:23 PM, Mattthegoone said:

Check out Inch By Inch by Press Charges, I think its a masterpiece, the snap off the drums unreal

Cheers so much, this album is the best thing I've heard in ages. Been listening on repeat. For me the tune "Tighter" was the one that - ahem - really got a hold on me. 

• 3 weeks later...