IGNORED

AE Live 2023

Iwanttobefree

Prediction: announcement of North American tour around January, soundboards coming next summer, new album in March

edit: we have Helsinki soundboard

Edited by DyeMyBlueBlack

hahaha I don't wanna be the f.o.h. sound tech for that gig i can tell you

...and I'm wondering how windows and luminaires will react to sub cabs

edit : maybe there a theater or something in this building and the show will not be at this hall  the picture shows ?

Edited by neurone
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, neurone said:

edit : maybe there a theater or something in this building and the show will not be at this hall  the picture shows ?

I think it’s all one connected space. I don’t know if the audience will be be free to roam or will be restricted to part of it though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vkxwz said:

Fuckers opened ticket sales 5min early...

yeah, pretty annoying. no reason to do it when the 10am opening had been signposted well in advance.

there is a posse forming around the Sydney show. maybe we should organise dinner/drinks before/after.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/5/2023 at 10:16 PM, Plarkreluke Banloboh said:

Here’s a pic I took of the venue for the upcoming Melbourne gig. I’ve been inside a few times (not for gigs) and the acoustics will be interesting as that place has a looot of reeeveerbb.

IMG_1934.jpeg

''fidelio''

eyeswideshut152.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I went. They came on stage at 2:40 am. There was a big curtain across the back of the audience and supposedly they weren't letting people in late. Dunno if they enforced this. The stage was pitch black. I couldn't even see Sean and Rob enter or exit the stage. The sound was amazing, massive bass, very clear and loud. The drums were incredibly punchy. The set was exactly an hour and quite similar to the 2022 stuff, the ending was slower and quite funky.

Otherwise at the festival, a lady I was talking to said she saw Elon Musk at the side of the stage when Grimes was playing flaunting the "no photography" rule. And I saw a shooting star as I was walking back to my hotel.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1