IGNORED

AE Live 2023

Iwanttobefree

35 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

c'mon, us bald germans need some love, too. T_T

I'm still perplexed they played in Grafenhainichen of all places back in 2014. Does anybody know what the venue was like? Was that gig part of some festival?

Edited by BlockUser
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, BlockUser said:

I'm still perplexed they played in Grafenhainichen of all places back in 2014. Does anybody know what the venue was like? Was that gig part of some festival?

Yeah it was Melt festival. They were playing on a stage by a lake about 2am. 

Good fun, though many festival goers looked extremely nonplussed and the 'lights off' thing doesn't work on open air stages 

• Like 3

time warp

06 04 24 -  le trianon - built 121 years ago (1st pic)

07 04 24- l'antipode - built 3 years ago (2nd pic)

both have very good sound systems. probably different room acoustics.  would love to hear both.

1T.jpg

2A.jpg

Edited by neurone
  • Like 3
  • Farnsworth 2

3 hours ago, neurone said:

time warp

06 04 24 -  le trianon - built 121 years ago (1st pic)

07 04 24- l'antipode - built 3 years ago (2nd pic)

both have very good sound systems. probably different room acoustics.  would love to hear both.

I am thinking, if I am to take a week of vacation to attend concerts in April, that I should do both indeed !!

• Like 1

what's the odds, that these gigs will be the default '22 set, or a variation? does the seated situation influence that?

I wouldn't wanna go to yet another standard set, but would very much like a London B set 🤔

6 hours ago, usagi said:

are you saying "Sean pls" in German or "Sean penis" in French?

No wonder these have been warring nations for so long.

"Ein kaffee, bitte."

"Vous dites quoi?! Une bite?! Sacreblue, c'est la guerre! Mort aux Allemands!!!"

Edited by t yst r

On 10/7/2023 at 8:32 PM, dr b0rk said:

yeh I was really hoping they’d mix things up a bit, esp since there’s a ton of superior alt material but eh. 3rd time same set, was a bit boring frankly. Still worth travelling to a city in the context of an ae gig, it’s becoming some sort of tradition

I had your comment in mind a few times since I get my ticket for one of the 2024 show,  because I first though it will be different of their 2022 set, since when they played in Sydney they started with the 'london B' stuff and then new stuff in the las half, so I thought It would be what we'll get in the next shows.

so, when I saw your post, I get like "uh oh, maybe I'll be a bit disapointed if they go back with this 2022 stuff while I would expect some fresher ones." (2022 is still spankling fresh , tho, of course)

but then again I think back about it and I 'm shure that I'll be happy with whatever material they they play because :

1- I'm going to the show as to support them. and they have the right to play what they want to.

2- I'll be having good times with friends and meeting other people there.

3- even if I canned some the 2022 digitals releases i'll be happy to hear them live flesh and bones , and LOUD, pitched dark, sharing experience with other people in the crowd.

4- just listened to the Turin set and it's not just "a few tweak" it's more than that, how they can drive their material into different emotion and feelings

5- maybe on top of that the'll be even some newer stuff as a surprise. but nevermind.

right now I'm all hyped, juste behaving as i'm going to the show like tommorow but I'll have to wait a few month :catnope:

Edited by neurone
  • Like 4