IGNORED

AE Live 2023

Iwanttobefree

4 hours ago, decibal cooper said:

4 hours ago, droid said:

Ah, yeah thanks. It was a lot of fun.

this is a good read. thanks for it. good conversation. nice to hear from Rob. they sound good.

stoked for you lot who get to hear the live sets. 

thanks for the music links throughout btw. was nice to right click on the youtubes to tracks they mention. 

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

I LOVE the new live stuff but still feel a bit bummed by the last part where he says there's no album coming (greedy fanslut I am).  Surely they have loads of casual seqs from the new system lying around :catrecline:

he said he didn't want to talk about it in public.. so maybe there's ideas but sounds like for now the live stuff is the new album. sooner or later warp will nag for an album. also, hard not to want to hear some of those bits fleshed out into slabs of stand-alone time

also, Rob didn't add to the answer. i wonder his thoughts on it? likely they're on the same page. they've been doing this together a  long time.

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 2

Sean: I don’t want to talk about it publicly at all. So I just don’t talk about it, I’d rather just enact it. Our plan at the moment is that we’re just going to keep playing live, basically, and recording and releasing them. So this is it. This is the new material.

Sean pls

Edited by toaoaoad

What a great interview! The bits about ambiguity, hyperobjects, walking through a forest, sadness in music, etc... it really resonates. 

Imagine an oral history book where they go album by album? I'd buy the shit out of that.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, kausto said:

That part about Overteps tour recordings... would be cool if they release them, Turin and Melbourne at least.

Baby steps of THE RIG. I need this.

Stan, Rand, pls…

• Like 2

Im only now getting around to listen to the 2022/23 live sets with just Milan/Athens just in the bag and .... my gosh Im utterly enthralled. Swirlling and syrupy... I actually ended the first listened parked at my country house after a late night car journey and when i exited the car at the end i was greeted with a cloudless/moonless night and massive starfield which hit me like a shockwave .. that and the embers of their sets still buring in my mind i felt electric. I had just read the recent interview too and .. given their love of David Lynch and my recent rewatch of Twin Peaks The Return I couldnt help relate the vibes of their music and that show.. meandering, out-of-place-and-time, nonlinear, electrifying, melencholicy, distrubing.

Aestounding stuff  - dozens more livesets to digest!

• Like 6

On 10/18/2023 at 3:48 AM, gnarlybog said:

What a great interview! The bits about ambiguity, hyperobjects, walking through a forest, sadness in music, etc... it really resonates. 

Imagine an oral history book where they go album by album? I'd buy the shit out of that.

It seems more likely that we could hear more specific anecdotes of this nature now than before. I remember Rob's having given an interview back in November, 2013 - https://thequietus.com/articles/13899-autechre-interview-exai-l-event - where he talked in some detail about what he, specifically, was doing and thinking when working on L-Event, and that was probably the first time I'd ever encountered any description of that nature's breaking through the mystique a bit. Before that, Sean had said things like "we never tell who does what," but since then, they've candidly revealed on occasion which of them had had a hand in which bits or which tracks. Some unlikely revelations like Sean's discussion of gamelan use, etc., so I think it's possible that we'll continue get more specific insight with that historical embargo's being lifted somewhat. I doubt there'll ever be a book (or even article) dedicated to it, but a diligent fan could cobble together a spreadsheet or something : )

Edited by mTesc
  • Like 2

I was watching a woulg interview on youtube with an artist from detroit underground talking about their tracks....a super edited sound design thing....it struck me how unexperimental it was...every microsecond considered....and then last night I listened to Dublin 2022 and it struck me how I'm not sure what experimental music is....surely it has to be live?