IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - ALITHIA

Aleksi is the one artist I don't feel bad streaming...just can't keep up with all the releases. I totally missed all the Gaia releases lol.

5 hours ago, hayhook said:

So have Gaia 8-14 been abandoned or is Aleksi just mixing it up? Like when he was alternating ovuca and aleksi releases for awhile? 

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Odd that he started the GAIA series at number 15, then progressed from 1 on up to 7 and now this completely new series.  This is not the usual way of things.

Some new Ovuca would be nice. Loved the Northern Lights series.  ε Alioth was the standout, FI3AC2146030 in particular.

Edited by NewSchoolScience

5 minutes ago, gnarlybog said:

This is fascinating to me. I was on board, but like everyone, grow tired. Is it an act of egotism or silliness to release so much music in such a way? 

I see it more as generosity from someone pouring his soul into his life's work. He doesn't have to share any of it but I'm extremely grateful he does. Don't try and feel forced to keep up, just listen whenever you want and put on some random new album (I'm still keeping up with it ten years after the first colundi tbh although I've heard some albums only once or twice).

Really enjoyed this one too, as usual. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2023 at 1:50 PM, gnarlybog said:

This is fascinating to me. I was on board, but like everyone, grow tired. Is it an act of egotism or silliness to release so much music in such a way? 

I believe in the past he’s mentioned in interviews that working in the Colundi tuning makes “jamming” easier. I wouldn’t be surprised if these are more or less raw uncut jam sessions, ala Buckethead releases to borrow another famously prolific solo artist as an example.

That way he just needs to hit record, play for about an hour, slice it up, get some album art and boom. Heck, even the naming scheme of the tracks follows a fairly standard structure

On 6/24/2023 at 12:37 AM, hayhook said:

See also. Pay what you will… click though his discography. Quite a few of them are… 

Thanks for the tip. Just added the three ALITHIA records for a reasonable price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...