IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

I'm kinda going thru a phase...

my studio used to be quite wild and became slowly hard to concentrate, thus for the time being I've stripped my studio down to the absolute bare essentials.

post-554-1165763906_thumb.jpg

post-554-1165763939_thumb.jpg

that's clean baby...

play any DOD:S?

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD
1524281224_l.jpg

Nice photo.

totally.

see, i think if you're doing a thread like this, you should put some thought into the photos. these are pics of where you do your art, no?

post-43-1166387777_thumb.jpg

post-43-1166387804_thumb.jpg

post-43-1166387842_thumb.jpg

moved the studio around since the last time i posted photos, got a couple of new bits too

rm1x, the copicat, the 8x8 midisport patchbay and the 2642 mixer....

got all midi gear talking to/controlling everything else now and the audio can be patched thru to anything with an input....

rm1x, the copicat, the 8x8 midisport patchbay and the 2642 mixer....

The Copicat is nice. How are you finding it to be working out for you?

my studio used to be quite wild and became slowly hard to concentrate, thus for the time being I've stripped my studio down to the absolute bare essentials.

How do you like those speakers?

post-43-1166387777_thumb.jpg

Dude is that an oscilloscope on the table?

EDIT: what happened with my coding?! haaaaaayelp.....

Edited by LJG

post-554-1165763939_thumb.jpg

nice clean setup with the Remote SL 25 and Bluesky monitor system.

quality comes in small packages.

How do you like those speakers?

Yeah I had my eye on them for quite some time, but eventually one day i dragged myself down to the local music shop and made some poor guy working there A/B them against all there monitors, even the fancy genelecs and whatnot that cost 3 times what the media desk cost.

In the end I found the Bluesky's to be a lot ballsier then the rest due to the 10 inch sub. The sub comes with its own amp which allows a decent amount of midrange to be pumped outta the satellites.

i was putting more stuff in, and i decided to see how nice i could make the cables since i needed to rewire anyways. i actually succeeded somewhat! unfortunately, i started moving cables around before i took photos again... argh...

nevenen / black dog studios:

a lot of widgets

002.jpg

a lot of wires

004.jpg

a lot of knobs

005.jpg

6 synths

003.jpg

2 computers

006.jpg

1 idiot

008.jpg

and, as a bonus, "the stain":

007.jpg

how's that yamaha mixer? i'm getting a mg24/14fx shortly and i totally don't know what kinda sound i'll be getting out of it... do you like it? or is it the worst mixer in the world?

how's that yamaha mixer? i'm getting a mg24/14fx shortly and i totally don't know what kinda sound i'll be getting out of it... do you like it? or is it the worst mixer in the world?

i'm not exactly steve albini, but i like it.

only real complaint is some of the oft-used sliders have gotten a bit scratchy and flakey. but i got dust issues.

soundwise... well, i don't think you'd do much better for the price.

the built in fx is charming. lets me make extra noise.

please tell me you don't monitor all that gear with a pair of shit-stained altec lansing desktop speakers...

YES

actually, i use headphones most of the time. i tend to music when other people in this house are sleeping.

i keep intending to get some good monitors (recommendations, anyone?) and just wind up getting another pair of cans.

they're expensive and i'm no good at picking such things anyways.

and then i'd probably also have to start fussing about things like room sound...

generally i just write on whatever monitoring i'm in the mood for, then listen to it on multiple pairs of headphones and the speakers. i know about how they all respond, so that lets me get a good enough idea.

they're expensive and i'm no good at picking such things anyways.

and then i'd probably also have to start fussing about things like room sound...

generally i just write on whatever monitoring i'm in the mood for, then listen to it on multiple pairs of headphones and the speakers. i know about how they all respond, so that lets me get a good enough idea.

Yeah i perfer a good set of cans over monitors for everything except writing drums and doing final mixdowns. I find if i use cans too much I can get ear fatigue tho.