IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

yeah it's wicked! Plaid normally have great designs. it's double sided and has the Trainer album art on the other side (which is a bit ugly imo).

yeah the one with the square thing with pegs or something if my memory banks have accessed the correct image

edit* is it a footprint from a trainer or something

Edited by lala

seriously running out of space now...

really liking the DW8000 so far, only messed about with it for half an hour or so but got some lovely pads out it and to my ears it can sound as "analogue" as you like...also seems pretty versatile though and it's clearly capable of a wide range of sounds. got a beefy as fuck bottom end too.

f81ca853b7e13285f747a210af77f15a.jpg

f1a0b47835b235cf1c69a6fa0a93e796.jpg

61c856ba262d274ce4cf4ca16b11aeb8.jpg

b3ca40973013a5a75367b7432d51a1aa.jpg

906912bd7c2de922b6dd69c25b177152.jpg

BCM-Ville looking tidy as fuck.

Hows the roland reverb? I am so into my verbs and never had a roland, love the grainy one on the DR660 though

yeah it's wicked, lush as fuck... got midi and is quite deeply programmable if you don't mind menu diving a bit. some of the huge reverbs are especially nice, got that sparkly tail shit going on.

lol.

I was sitting in there the other day thinking 'why the hell cant leads be wifi now ffs'

but its slowly getting there, sorting out my best workflow, then leaving plugged like that instead of 'oh lets try this patching route now'

Edited by lala

Can you buy those at different intervals?

these are only vertically resizable ...but theoretically like that you can change the length/interval, you only need to approuch to the keyboard at different angles with it (cause one 'leg' could be shorter).

Someone down the block left a pretty well maintained, fully working, self contained, 3 way ultranearfield monitor system out with their trash the other day!  Got it installed and working, sounds surprisingly good, even with not-optimal placement (if you get it at ear height wih your head 18" or less away it starts sounding a lot closer to full blown studio monitors than it has any right to - which is what it's designed for).Highs roll off noticably when you listen off axis but that's no surprise. 

Main thing is having a pair of good quality true VU meters that are actually still well calibrated.

This is a pretty old version of an older model and I couldn't find it on eBay, but the more recent ones are really cheap these days ($50-$150) and on strength of this one I definitely recommend them if you're looking for another set of monitors to check mixes on, or have a really small or untreated space and want to minimize the impact of room acoustics - if you can manage to work sloe enough to it that you're in the sweet spot - which could be a bit of a challenge, since you need to be right up against it - you pretty much don't hear the room at all.  And again, the meters are really nice (although most of the newer models have LED meters instead).

Wohler Technologies AMP-2/AM (older and different from the one that has a manual available on their web site - that one looks better actually, has a headphone amp and RCA i/o in addition to the unbalanced XLR the one I found uses)

post-19174-0-95106200-1470755934_thumb.png

Edited by RSP

^very nice find, I wish I had that kind of luck!

Yeah, 2016 has been the best year for cheap/free gear I've had since I changed cities about 8 years ago.  $50 Korg i30, brand new Porter Case hard case/handtruck from work (fuckers had a $400+ MSRP before they discontinued the model), a few pedals from a guy at work including an early black Russian Big Muff modded with at least dour different diode combinations on a rotary switch (has more than 4 positions but a bunch of them sound the same) and now this, plus a few other things I didn't need and gave to friends.  I've got a few 80s cassette decks I found last week waiting to find good homes too (since they aren't good enough to be worth ebaying).

I actually jumped out of a slow-moving (like <2 mph) car to get that Wohler though.  When you drive by rack gear on the street you do what you've got to do.

Edited by RSP

^very nice find, I wish I had that kind of luck!

Yeah, 2016 has been the best year for cheap/free gear I've had since I changed cities about 8 years ago.  $50 Korg i30, brand new Porter Case hard case/handtruck from work (fuckers had a $400+ MSRP before they discontinued the model), a few pedals from a guy at work including an early black Russian Big Muff modded with at least dour different diode combinations on a rotary switch (has more than 4 positions but a bunch of them sound the same) and now this, plus a few other things I didn't need and gave to friends.  I've got a few 80s cassette decks I found last week waiting to find good homes too (since they aren't good enough to be worth ebaying).

I actually jumped out of a slow-moving (like <2 mph) car to get that Wohler though.  When you drive by rack gear on the street you do what you've got to do.

Lol at the last bit. But really, good luck/good eyes/good city or neighborhoods/etc. I live in a tiny poor town in the south so I see 30 year old furniture and broken home decor on the roadsides. One day, though...it'll be something awesome. That Big Muff sounds pretty fun!