IGNORED

ISS:SA

Guest dugbert

Guest dugbert

god damn, it's so good.

it's a bit melodic in the way that draft/untilted/confield are melodic, except with more straightforward beats. i wonder if some of the people who dislike recent autechre would be more into something like this?

i've been changing the speed a lot on this one. on my copy the track seems locked after ISS:SA (or maybe using science they inserted a gigantic silent gap without taking up space on the record whoa), so i have to pick the needle up and go to track 2 of side A. anyway the density of of the tracks looked so much different that i tried playing Tangle Ill at 45, and it sounded plausible that maybe it's intended to be played this way, although i love it at 33. then on side B, i didn't notice the same drastic difference in track densities, but since Slow Acid is 'slow', and way longer than all the other tracks, i have tried playing that one at 45 a few times as well. it works

on the mp3 rip i have of it, they were recorded all at 33. I also think Yeesland is amazing at 33, but i think it's supposed to be 45.

• 4 months later...
They played IS:SA at Coachella in 1999...amazing that they had it in the bag 4 years before finally releasing it

Yup, makes you wonder what else they've got in their bag of tricks...

this is phat. so is gescom basically autechre?

Autechre, Jega, Bola, Rob Hall, Made, Russell Haswell, and some others

Guest Quoth

this is phat. so is gescom basically autechre?

Autechre, Jega, Bola, Rob Hall, Made, Russell Haswell, and some others

Yeah, but the whole project is coordinated by Sean and Rob, so you can say they have the biggest influence on the musical ourtput. For instance, ISS:SA sounds very similar to Draft 7:30.

• 2 weeks later...

i dunno, it's nowhere near as good as draft. megamix has got some programming (fluttering snare freq's) thats reminiscent of hangable autobulb. but on the whole it's rhythmically rigid, like a broken record (of course it varies, but not on the whole)

slow acid is doing some sik shit to my ears though

Edited by spptrl alt del

Guest Audiophile

tr2a has got some mad slides. almost sounds like tape recorders beings sped up and down as ae love those good old cassettes.

• 8 years later...

btw, wasn't it a completely sean's work? i could swear that i read that in some interview

Reading too much ae interviews can result in thinking you are Sean (klang)

While he didn't outright deny it, Sean's response to a question about it in the AAA seems to say it is not Sean's solo album

Edited by fizzkinz

btw, wasn't it a completely sean's work? i could swear that i read that in some interview

Reading too much ae interviews can result in thinking you are Sean (klang)

0.jpg

:wink:

Edited by xox