IGNORED

Aphex twin and his love of mono

Bob Dylan

iT'S WHEN SUPERMAN SPINS THE EARTH BACKWARDS AT 10K!!!

I thought EVERYONE knoew that......

actually, i dunno. i think it MAY be an almost stereo/leslie effect that creates an almost 360 degree effect.

Cool - I'm going to try that.

iT'S WHEN SUPERMAN SPINS THE EARTH BACKWARDS AT 10K!!!

I thought EVERYONE knoew that......

actually, i dunno. i think it MAY be an almost stereo/leslie effect that creates an almost 360 degree effect.

Cool - I'm going to try that.

they have a real nice one in cool edit pro (its old but gooooooood. pm me if you have any progs u wanna trade.

That was one of the first things I noticed when I started listening to Aphex Twin, and it kind of bugged me. I thought a lot of his stuff sounded thin as a result. But I grew fond of it. And there's more and more stereo separation in his later work... though even on Druqs it's pretty minimal on most of the tracks. It's the same for a lot of Autechre. They almost never pan sounds over. When they use a stereo effect it tends to be wider in both speakers.

It could be that they rarely uses headphones. When I was mixing in headphones I tended to focus quite a bit on where things were sitting spatially. I still pay attention to that aspect on monitors, but it's less of a focus. The frequency separation is more imperative in this setting, though in a busy mix panning is necessary.

thats a funny way to look at it. I always found that by mixing on headphones that I didn't separate things enough. because your taste changes when using headphones I think, it always seemed a little too wide, theres the bleed from the right speaker the left, etc. missing, so I tend to not hard pan things as much as if theres live speakers right there in front of me.

thats a funny way to look at it. I always found that by mixing on headphones that I didn't separate things enough. because your taste changes when using headphones I think, it always seemed a little too wide, theres the bleed from the right speaker the left, etc. missing, so I tend to not hard pan things as much as if theres live speakers right there in front of me.

YESSSS!!!!!!

Guest Glass Plate

yeah I have that stereo record people sample all the time, were it's explaining the new technologies of stereo sound, it's total shit.

Archived