IGNORED

Aphex twin and his love of mono

Bob Dylan

It kinda went to me that Richard didn't use that much stereo seperation on many of his album.

Listen to the CtD album (minus the title track) and it's pretty going all in the middle, or a little tiny on each side. Heck even Bucephalus is like that for the most part of it, you would have expect perhaps stuff going all around the stereo seperation but no he amazingly keeps all layers centered for a good portion of the bouncing part. The rest of the tracks feel mono-ised. That's a good thing btw. IZ-US is some "whole" thing that would have been lost if the seperation was always there. When he uses stereo seperation it's only to add a little spice to the song, perhaps some frequencies of a certain element going a little to the right, or a particular element only.

Same thing, take a listen to Hangable Auto Bulb. Pretty much all centered! RDJ Album is too except a couple of tracks, those percussions and layering all in the middle.

But then you have the opposite, I care because you do is everywhere in the mix. Or Drukqs.

yeah i've noticed this too, i'm kinda used to wide stereo music

maybe it makes the music sound louder, or he doesn't use headphones, dunno.

its hard to do good stereo stuff, but when he does mess with it it is pretty amazing. Like some of the sweeps in drukqs and on mangle 11 especially. I used to never think about stereo really. Now i pan like a crazy (on my own music).

Guest Kenneth172

I reckon a lot of his earlier stuff was produced using mono equipment that was then stereo-ised. I know some of the devices used were mono, ref: tracks ike 'AFX2' and stuff on the Xylem Tube EP.

Well I was thinking more in a sort of EKT kinda way, one of the problems with electro music is teh "OMG SUPER PAN + 10KHZ FREQUENCY SWOOP" overuse of the stereo field.

It's like everything is doppling with each other, fucking stuff phasing in and out without purpose fucking up songs.

But hey Richard does the opposite, 16 tracks all sharing the same (or almost) mono space, or small stereo field.

It's all about production, bitches. Fuck you, haters, this ain't fanboyish. Just appreciation of quality workship.

death fuck has some crazyass panning

So does my g/f screams when i'm "death-fucking" her. If you make her scream at EXACTLY 4:11 in the song, then put on the "Wizard of OZ", you're in for a wild cock-suckin ride!

iT'S WHEN SUPERMAN SPINS THE EARTH BACKWARDS AT 10K!!!

I thought EVERYONE knoew that......

actually, i dunno. i think it MAY be an almost stereo/leslie effect that creates an almost 360 degree effect.

Archived