IGNORED

what is the best richard d. james song mini-tournament

Fred McGriff

hello guyz. I would like to do a miniature tournament whereby 16 songs composed by richard d james (aphex twin, afx, powerman 5000, the tuss, etc) compete for the title as RDJ's best song. first we are going to nominate the songs. then we will seed them for the tournament. and then they will compete against each other in 4 rounds through the finals to see who wins. it will be easy and fun. this thread will be the first step: nominating the songs.

so without any further adieu, nominate a couple of your favorite tracks now!

for me:

ziggomatic

heliosphan

acrid avid jam shred

death fuck

here is the complete discography for your reference: http://www.discogs.com/artist/Aphex+Twin

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest griever

i would say:

fenix funk 5

mt saint michel + st michaels mount

meltphace 6

heliosphan

rushup i bank 12 (if it's really richard ;-)...)

McGriff, is everybody's nominations being counted individually? How many replies/pages can the first phase go up to?

Death Fuck

Omgyjya Switch7

Ziggomatic V17

Fenix Funk 5

PWSteal.Ldpinch.D

Alberto Balsam

Z Twig

Xtal

Tha

Guest beavis14996
ALBUM SURVIVOR. It works like this- i make a thread that's called 'SAW 85-92 Round 1' and you vote for your least favourite track on the album. Then, i make another thread, SAW 85-92 Round 2, where i list all the tracks except the one we voted off the last time, and we vote off another song. Then, we do Round 3 where we list all the songs except the two we voted off before, and it goes on like that. In the end, we'll be having two tracks against each other, and we'll have the boardies' favourite track from SAW 85-92. Each poll will be open for about 3 days. I got this idea from the Genesis forums @ www.genesis-music.com, and it's a really fun thing to do, if we have enough people on here to care enough to play. So, here we go!

we should do something like this on aphex subforum!

McGriff, is everybody's nominations being counted individually? How many replies/pages can the first phase go up to?

Death Fuck

Omgyjya Switch7

Ziggomatic V17

Fenix Funk 5

PWSteal.Ldpinch.D

Alberto Balsam

Z Twig

Xtal

Tha

I'll compile a list of about 60 or so or however many the max is for a poll. next thread will be a multi-option poll. then I'll seed the brackets based on the top vote-getters. same setup as the "what is the most electronic music thing" tournament.

alberto balsam

klopjob

54 Cymru Beats

Ventolin (Wheeze Mix)

On

windowlicker

You Can't Hide Your Love (Hidden Love Mix)

death fuck

blue calx

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>">
name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Guest analogue wings

Alberto Balsam

Melodies From Mars Track 4

Windowlicker

Mt St Michel etc

Fenix Funk 5

Bucephalus Bouncing Ball

4 / Fore Street

To Cure A Weakling Child, Contour Regard

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

Cow Cud Is A Twin

Flow Coma Remix / Remix by AFX

Last Rushup 10

95 Peel Session, track 1

Ziggomatic

AB 5 track 1

Vordhosbn

Unreleased track from Warehouse Project (good call analogue wings)

Synthacon 9

Fenix Funk

Crying in your Face

Mt Saint Michel Mix+St Michaels Mount

Alberto Balsam

Last Rushup 10

AND MANY MORE!!!!

Guest Caustic
ALBUM SURVIVOR. It works like this- i make a thread that's called 'SAW 85-92 Round 1' and you vote for your least favourite track on the album. Then, i make another thread, SAW 85-92 Round 2, where i list all the tracks except the one we voted off the last time, and we vote off another song. Then, we do Round 3 where we list all the songs except the two we voted off before, and it goes on like that. In the end, we'll be having two tracks against each other, and we'll have the boardies' favourite track from SAW 85-92. Each poll will be open for about 3 days. I got this idea from the Genesis forums @ www.genesis-music.com, and it's a really fun thing to do, if we have enough people on here to care enough to play. So, here we go!

we should do something like this on aphex subforum!

I like this idea.

Archived